GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Coilover/shock options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 04:21 AM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Coilover/shock options

I would say the only dislike I have with my GLE is the suspension with the back end being the bigger issue. I had some passengers in the back (no third row) recently and it really seemed to amplify what I feel is poor dampening in the rear.

I only found one hit for this company in the forums that makes a coilover kit for the GLE, Hiro Performance. Has anyone looked into this or other options for the standard steel suspension? I would think this option would be an upgrade over stock but is there a better shock available, at least for the rear? Would the 315 rear tires have any effect on the apparent floaty back end? I'm guessing they will have some effect just being so wide.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:38 PM

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Anyone have any suggestions for different shocks/struts at the least?
Old 06-05-2023, 08:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLE 350
I have 275’s in the rear…

And I still have the same issue as well, so don’t think it’s just the 315’s which you have. I’m running 32 psi on all 4 tires. My Cooper tires on my 21 GLE were embarrassing and lasted 2 years and I only have 31,000 km’s on my vehicle which I replaced with Continental CrossContact LX25, great tire but nothing will improve this jarring suspension. I too have experienced with a passenger spilling coffee going over a sewer grate.. my goodness, it’s a 80,000 dollar vehicle, pretty disappointed. As for shocks and coil overs I’m not sure if it’s worth the investment, just my opinion. I should have considered the air suspension but the repair costs can be utterly ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:24 PM

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by C-Rod6
And I still have the same issue as well, so don’t think it’s just the 315’s which you have. I’m running 32 psi on all 4 tires. My Cooper tires on my 21 GLE were embarrassing and lasted 2 years and I only have 31,000 km’s on my vehicle which I replaced with Continental CrossContact LX25, great tire but nothing will improve this jarring suspension. I too have experienced with a passenger spilling coffee going over a sewer grate.. my goodness, it’s a 80,000 dollar vehicle, pretty disappointed. As for shocks and coil overs I’m not sure if it’s worth the investment, just my opinion. I should have considered the air suspension but the repair costs can be utterly ridiculous.
That was my initial concern as well, repair costs. Shouldn't have mattered as I normally don't keep vehicles more than 4 years even with the extended warranty. Oh well, live and learn. Mine came with Scorpion Zero which I have been pleased with for the most part. Treadwear looks great at 20k miles. I do realize some slippage on wet roads but only under certain conditions. If I still have the vehicle when I need new tires, I'll probably keep with the Scorpions. If those coil overs don't require any major refab, I may give them a go.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:43 AM

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Does anyone have the WIS for replacing the rear shocks/struts or where I can obtain access? I haven't seen an updated WIS for the 2021/v167 platform. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on getting the coil over setup. Was told it's basically plug and play.