2024 AMG 53 Ride Control/Incentives

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 12:47 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
2025 AMG GLE 53
2024 AMG 53 Ride Control/Incentives

Hello
I am in the process of ordering new AMG 53 and was discussing available options with salesman. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on the ride control option which is around $2000. Currently seems dealers are willing to discount $1000 off build plus I believe there is $500 back if you have American Express. The MBCA is showing $500 rebate for 2023 models I assume should be same for 2024 but not sure on that. Just speaking from my experience in NY/NJ area so I’m sure different regions and different car dealerships vary in incentives if any on this vehicles. The 350 and 450 are more abundant currently so more discounts might be had and I’m definitely seeing the market being more favorable towards the shopper where last year inventory was low and car dealers were less willing to negotiate.
Best regards to all
Old 06-18-2023, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,219 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I wouldn't buy a 53 without ARC.

In fact, I wouldn't have bought another MB if I hadn't experienced one with ARC.
Better ride, better handling. More comfort, more fun.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:17 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
GLe 53
The option 465 AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL (ARC) is very unclear. no guidance from MB. I have had a 2024 AMG GLE 53 on order with ARC on order since May. Just last week, one week out from my production build date of August 8, dealer told me MB deleted ARC from my order. No explanation, nothing. From what I have heard it is unlikely that MB will offer ARC for the GLE 53 for the foreseeable future. Why? I have no idea. And no it is not "supply chain issues", there is another reason for the decision not to honor orders that they have accepted with ARC and to decline the option for at least the rest of the year. Next week I will hear from dealer as he said that he would reach out to MB to try and get ARC for my car, though I doubt MB cares about customer order as much as they follow the rules as set by HQ. MB needs to publicly address this issue and provide clarity for the market. Though they probably are concerned it just might drive customer and orders to Porsche for the Cayenne as you can the Porsche ARC option. No games by Porsche.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
My 2021 GLE 53 with ARC apparently overheated after spirited driving and the car turned into a sway bucket with a notice to not exceed 50mph. My Tech contacted Mercedes Tech Support and they had no answer and no proposed cure. It started working again after sitting overnight but not the same day even letting it sit an hour. I recently made the same trip even "more spirited" with my Porsche Cayenne with the PDCC equivalent without issue. Porsche uses a 48 volt Super Capacitor vs Mercedes has a 1kw 48 volt battery...not likely to operate differently unless the Mercedes electrical process causes more heat, IMO. But it's possible Mercedes is reducing the option temporarily if there is some design flaw that required changes that created supply chain issues.
Another possibility is higher demand for the feature (used in other models too) and supply chain issues keeping up.
It's also possible that Mercedes is trying to simplify the assembly process with less options.
Whatever the reason, it's too bad that it isn't available because it is an important option for a nicely priced very capable and Sporty SUV.
​​​
Old 07-10-2023, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,219 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Ron.s
My 2021 GLE 53 with ARC apparently overheated after spirited driving and the car turned into a sway bucket with a notice to not exceed 50mph. My Tech contacted Mercedes Tech Support and they had no answer and no proposed cure. It started working again after sitting overnight but not the same day even letting it sit an hour. I recently made the same trip even "more spirited" with my Porsche Cayenne with the PDCC equivalent without issue. Porsche uses a 48 volt Super Capacitor vs Mercedes has a 1kw 48 volt battery...not likely to operate differently unless the Mercedes electrical process causes more heat, IMO.
​​​
Interesting. I had the same warnings after several laps at the track, on a 90° day, and I suspect the ARC lost its mind and tossed me off the track.
Just prior to that, the car seemed all wallow-y and unstable under braking. Sounds like the same thing, and yours is the first other instance I've heard about.

Back at the Dealership, they downloaded an ARC update. The handling is less crisp now, a bit less immediate. That was October 2021.
​​​​​​There were no visible signs of the ARC units overheating.

Was your experience after that?
Old 07-10-2023, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by mikapen
Interesting. I had the same warnings after several laps at the track, on a 90° day, and I suspect the ARC lost its mind and tossed me off the track.
Just prior to that, the car seemed all wallow-y and unstable under braking. Sounds like the same thing, and yours is the first other instance I've heard about.

Back at the Dealership, they downloaded an ARC update. The handling is less crisp now, a bit less immediate. That was October 2021.
​​​​​​There were no visible signs of the ARC units overheating.

Was your experience after that?
Yes...I had numerous system updates at 20k Service in May 2022 and this occured in July 2022.
I believe that there is a thermocouple similar to other motors that shuts down when overheated. My ditch pump dies occasionally when I run it all day in hot weather. This is the most plausible explanation but Mercedes didn't offer anything except "see if it happens again and report back".
I purposely pushed my Porsche harder to see if it would fail...it was another 90+ day and that might be a factor. But it should be designed to work period. They are similar inits M&P but not necessarily exactly the same.

Last edited by Ron.s; 07-10-2023 at 09:52 AM.