Considering a GLE. Have got some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Considering a GLE. Have got some questions

Hi everyone,

I'm considering getting a GLE, and have been researching more online about this. The MB website doesnt let me "build" my GLE yet, so I'm having a hard time figuring out a few things. I saw on the forum that people already got the GLE (2024) delivered so wondering if someone can help me answer these questions.

1. Does the 3rd row seat option, reduce the trunk storage available? I asked this question at the dealership and they told it that there is no difference in the trunk space with or without the option. I wanted to verify this.
2. I couldn't figure out if the GLE comes with a rear window shade? Is it an additional option? Is it manual or powered? I tried looking at 2023 options and couldn't figure this out too.
3. Is there some sort of gesture control (via the foot) for the trunk? Is it standard, or an option?
4. Does the 360 cameras come standard, or via an additional option?
5. Does the wireless android/apple carplay come standard or requires an additional option?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2023, 10:01 AM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
My answers are in red:

1. Does the 3rd row seat option, reduce the trunk storage available? I asked this question at the dealership and they told it that there is no difference in the trunk space with or without the option. I wanted to verify this. Are you referring to the storage under the trunk or the overall storage space of the trunk? If this is regarding the former, then yes the storage under the trunk is limited. But if you are referring to the latter, then no it does not.
2. I couldn't figure out if the GLE comes with a rear window shade? Is it an additional option? Is it manual or powered? I tried looking at 2023 options and couldn't figure this out too. This is an optional feature and it is automatic by using the window switch.
3. Is there some sort of gesture control (via the foot) for the trunk? Is it standard, or an option? This is a standard feature. However if you have the tow hitch then it might affect it.
4. Does the 360 cameras come standard, or via an additional option? This is a standard feature.
5. Does the wireless android/apple carplay come standard or requires an additional option? I believe wireless carplay is standard in the 2024 GLEs. For the 2023s they do not have wireless carplay.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 356 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
3rd row does not change dimensions of the main trunk area, but does affect under floor storage. Also, if you have 19 or 20 inch wheels, it swaps for the standard tires and spare tire for runflats, and if you have 21s, 22s, or any GLE53 or GLE Plug in it swaps the spare for a tire sealent kit.

The GLE used to offer a power rear window sunshade option, I don't believe it's available any more unfortunately. A mix of supply constraints and low take rate.

Kick to open trunk, 360 cam, and aple carplay (wireless for 2024) are all standard.

You can check out the ordering guide, somewhere on this forum. That's the most up to date and best resource. The BUILD YOUR OWN website on mbusa is updated slowly and out of date and often not accurate.
Old 07-17-2023, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 727 Likes on 541 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
3rd row does not change dimensions of the main trunk area, but does affect under floor storage. Also, if you have 19 or 20 inch wheels, it swaps for the standard tires and spare tire for runflats, and if you have 21s, 22s, or any GLE53 or GLE Plug in it swaps the spare for a tire sealent kit.

The GLE used to offer a power rear window sunshade option, I don't believe it's available any more unfortunately. A mix of supply constraints and low take rate.

Kick to open trunk, 360 cam, and aple carplay (wireless for 2024) are all standard.

You can check out the ordering guide, somewhere on this forum. That's the most up to date and best resource. The BUILD YOUR OWN website on mbusa is updated slowly and out of date and often not accurate.
The power rear window shade is still available as an option.

The handless trunk opening is also available for cars with tow hitch.
Old 07-30-2023, 06:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C230 Kompressor
As the Owner of 2023 GLE 350, I would say you should consider choosing different brand than mercedes, especially GLE 350. Too many quality issues and poor quality check by Mercedes. I don't even consider Mercedes as luxury car maker any more. it is not even 7 months I had to take the car 3 times for service to fix factory related issues and still dealing with them.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-02-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by MBJIMX
Hi everyone,

I'm considering getting a GLE, and have been researching more online about this. The MB website doesnt let me "build" my GLE yet, so I'm having a hard time figuring out a few things. I saw on the forum that people already got the GLE (2024) delivered so wondering if someone can help me answer these questions.

1. Does the 3rd row seat option, reduce the trunk storage available? I asked this question at the dealership and they told it that there is no difference in the trunk space with or without the option. I wanted to verify this.
2. I couldn't figure out if the GLE comes with a rear window shade? Is it an additional option? Is it manual or powered? I tried looking at 2023 options and couldn't figure this out too.
3. Is there some sort of gesture control (via the foot) for the trunk? Is it standard, or an option?
4. Does the 360 cameras come standard, or via an additional option?
5. Does the wireless android/apple carplay come standard or requires an additional option?

Thanks!
note 3rd row removes the full donut spare tire in place of an inflator kit
Old 08-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,989 Likes on 3,136 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by bujjodu
As the Owner of 2023 GLE 350, I would say you should consider choosing different brand than mercedes, especially GLE 350. Too many quality issues and poor quality check by Mercedes. I don't even consider Mercedes as luxury car maker any more. it is not even 7 months I had to take the car 3 times for service to fix factory related issues and still dealing with them.
Read thoroughly about MB customer "care", actually lack thereof. And read about the MB 48V system. Then decide whether you want to go to BMW, Genesis or Porsche.