Ran a diagnostics OBD2 scan and able to reset Transmission Adaptation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 727 Likes on 541 Posts
GLE 580
Ran a diagnostics OBD2 scan and able to reset Transmission Adaptation

This morning I borrowed a neighbor's diagnostics tool just to see what it would bring up. He has this OBD2 diagnostic scanner for his Sprinter van but works on all Mercedes:
Amazon Amazon

I saw an option to reset the transmission adaptation and it seems like I was able to reset it using the scanner above. I thought you would need Xentry or some specialized MB software to do that. Some screenshots of the menu to reset it are attached.

This tool also spits out a list of fault codes and I was surprised to see a decent amount of faults. I googled each one of them and I haven't had any issues from any of these faults that showed up. I'll definitely bring this to my SA's attention at my next service. Has anyone else scanned their vehicle and it came back with a decent amount of faults like mine? See attached PDF for codes.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Inspection Report.pdf (162.6 KB, 584 views)
The following users liked this post:
djgiovanni (10-02-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 02:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,692 Likes on 2,289 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by wildta
This morning I borrowed a neighbor's diagnostics tool just to see what it would bring up. He has this OBD2 diagnostic scanner for his Sprinter van but works on all Mercedes:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XWVNBB6

I saw an option to reset the transmission adaptation and it seems like I was able to reset it using the scanner above. I thought you would need Xentry or some specialized MB software to do that. Some screenshots of the menu to reset it are attached.

This tool also spits out a list of fault codes and I was surprised to see a decent amount of faults. I googled each one of them and I haven't had any issues from any of these faults that showed up. I'll definitely bring this to my SA's attention at my next service. Has anyone else scanned their vehicle and it came back with a decent amount of faults like mine? See attached PDF for codes.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...78bc599da0.png
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...86286eb5f6.png
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...315cb73a10.png
Yup it was mentioned in the baby scanner CReader thread I think?
Old 10-09-2023, 05:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG's
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XWVNBB6

read the disclaimer
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (10-09-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 727 Likes on 541 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by Amgfam00
read the disclaimer
You could say that about all coding via OBD2 outside of a licensed mechanic. Considering the transmission adaptation reset has been such a common thing in Mercedes since the mid 90s (hold that gas pedal down for 10sec and then wait 2min), I'm less worried about this specific coding reset but I guess everyone has their own risk tolerance.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG's
You could say that about all coding via OBD2 outside of a licensed mechanic. Considering the transmission adaptation reset has been such a common thing in Mercedes since the mid 90s (hold that gas pedal down for 10sec and then wait 2min), I'm less worried about this specific coding reset but I guess everyone has their own risk tolerance.
i understand your point. But its not xentry witch actually communicates with each module over a scanner testing to see if they are on. Not all modules run with continuity.
so i feel that scanner is not the most accurate. But bring to your SA attention. Just dont think they will consider it an issue since car is driving as designed unless there is an issue they wil say no fault found