GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Rear camera opens at speed below 25km/h

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2024, 07:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE450
This is my follow up for the remediation of rear camera assembly noise, note this is USA for a GLE450. The following parts were installed, per instructions in June tech topics-

Insulation Load Comp A01-1PV659
Flap Insulation. A01-1PW660
Insulation A01-1PV623

The SOFTWARE was also updated.

Results- The camera is quieter when it operates, HOWEVER, it is no longer deploying constantly.. so far it seems that it always deploys a few times at beginning of a drive, then mostly does not. It has been a few days and the improved behavior has persisted; this is by far the most important change as it is still audible when it deploys. The behavior seems more rational at this point, more in line with what people report for prior models. Hopefully this remains the case.

The following users liked this post:
deanrose (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Shanabenz
This is my follow up for the remediation of rear camera assembly noise, note this is USA for a GLE450. The following parts were installed, per instructions in June tech topics-

Insulation Load Comp A01-1PV659
Flap Insulation. A01-1PW660
Insulation A01-1PV623

The SOFTWARE was also updated.

Results- The camera is quieter when it operates, HOWEVER, it is no longer deploying constantly.. so far it seems that it always deploys a few times at beginning of a drive, then mostly does not. It has been a few days and the improved behavior has persisted; this is by far the most important change as it is still audible when it deploys. The behavior seems more rational at this point, more in line with what people report for prior models. Hopefully this remains the case.
Would you mind sharing what dealership you went to please? I’d love to give them a call to see if they’re able to share instructions with my dealer in Canada.
The following users liked this post:
deanrose (08-02-2024)