GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Can the 48 V battery affect the state of charge calculated by chargers/maintainers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2023, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLE 450
Can the 48 V battery affect the state of charge calculated by chargers/maintainers?

I have purchased the NOCO GENIUS1 charger/maintainer to use when the car is garaged for extended periods.
After driving the car for a few minutes and measuring the voltage of the battery using the terminals under the hood, I obtained a reading of 12.6 V. However, once GENIUS1 was switched on in the AGM mode, the voltage promptly rose to approximately 12.85 V. Nonetheless, the red LED light began flashing, indicating, according to the charger's manual, that the battery holds less than 75% charge. Switching to the regular or lithium 12 V modes results in the same red LED light flashing.

At 12.6 V, the battery is nearly fully charged from what I comprehend. However, I lack knowledge regarding the interplay between the 12 V and 48 V batteries and the connecting circuitry. So, I'm curious as to why the charger deems the battery as depleted.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:45 AM

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts
2024 AMG GLE 53
Most tech filled modern cars will have a AGM battery. You can also triple check the batter is under your drivers seat take a look at your model # or whatever is visible then you can confirm for sure. Your 48V batter is just a pack that you dont charge its a "hybrid" your regular standard 50+ year old type car battery is the 12v.