GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

pairing with smarthome stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 07:42 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 450
pairing with smarthome stuff

has anyone paired their mercedes me with their smart home stuff? such as smart things, myQ and the like? compatibility is in the release notes in the mercedes me app. just curious what others experiences have been.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 727 Likes on 541 Posts
GLE 580
Yes with MyQ. I only use it to verify if my door is shut for those times when I think I might have forgotten to hit the close button as I pull away from the house. Although I have a 10mim timer to auto close, I like to make sure it's shut once I leave the driveway.
"Hey Mercedes. Is my garage door closed? "
Old 11-15-2023, 08:47 PM

Received 162 Likes on 108 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet, 2022 AMG GLE 53
I paired my MBUX with the MyQ garage door - it works "sometimes" and seems to have a long lag when getting the confirmation back to MBUX that the door either opened or closed, as it was asked. MBUX also wants to pop off a notification each time on the dash notification area, which annoys me for some strange reason. I like the tech but not sure how I would improve or change it. I'm back to just hitting the button under the mirror or launching the MyQ app from my phone and opening/closing it that way. MBUX will no doubt change and adapt over time to this interconnected world of things / new tech, and it will be interesting to see how it evolves. Lately I have to almost shout to get Hey Mercedes to recognize me, so I'm just hitting the talk button on the steering wheel to speed it up. Maybe it's the ChatGPT-thingy I opted into... not sure...