GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Home charging program not auto selecting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 10:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2024 GLE 450e hybrid / 2023 Mercedes EQE 350+ RWD
Home charging program not auto selecting

Have a new 2024 GLE 450e plug-in hybrid. The car does not auto shift to the charging Home program when I arrive home although location selection is enabled. I have to select home on my Mercedes Me app. I set up my 2023 EQE home charging program in MBUX the same way and this car auto selects Home program for charging when I arrive home

Any suggestions why charging program is not auto selecting? Have selected location option on charging prgram in both the car MBUX (under hybrid charging ) and also location option in the Mercedes Me app

A big deal as Home program changes max charging to 80% which is recommended for battery safety and battery life if you charge at home vice on the road

Love the GLE hybrid. Getting 50miles on the battery around home (wife’s car). Like the coil spring ride over the air shocks of the old GLE. No gas mileage known since have yet to use any gas in the week I have owned the car!

Don SW Florida
2024 GLE 450e hybrid

Last edited by donaldm241; 12-12-2023 at 10:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by donaldm241:
Corindel (04-06-2024), CR24 (04-14-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300e
Same here

According to app information, you need to set your home on your car..but i did it kind of still not recognizing..

Also why it is so hard to have a "Default" program...i am always set back to "Standard"
Old 04-14-2024, 11:42 AM

GLE450E
Not recognizing home and defaulting to standard charge

Did you solve this issue. I am having same issue where it is always defaulting to standard charge and not recognizing when I am home which has been set to 80%max. It would also be good to set standard charge to default to something that is not 💯
Old 04-14-2024, 11:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2024 GLE 450e hybrid / 2023 Mercedes EQE 350+ RWD
Originally Posted by CR24
Did you solve this issue. I am having same issue where it is always defaulting to standard charge and not recognizing when I am home which has been set to 80%max. It would also be good to set standard charge to default to something that is not 💯

problem still exists - program does not shift to home charging when mbux is at home location although the home charging program option is selected for home location and home gps is set in mbux
Old 05-16-2024, 08:16 PM

2001 slk 320
Yes, regarding the Home charging "automatic" selection on the 2024 GLE450e, my experience has been that the system does remember the Home GPs location BUT, and here is the weird part, when I am within, maybe, 150 feet from my garage/wall box a pop-up briefly appears on the display asking me to "tap here to activate the Home charging program." I'm new tooth Forum but I will try to attach a screen shot of the display. Now this message only appears for, maybe, 3-4 seconds after which it disappears and if you do not happen to see it and tap the car will automatically revert to the Standard charging profile. Like you, I was frustrated by this charging location issue for months before my attentive wife noticed it and solved the problem. One would think that MB engineers could have designed the software such that once we select the Home location the car would remember this without the need to reselect "Tap here..." each time we drive the car.

BTW, I have my home program set to 90%.