GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2023 New style GLE - Anyone having same problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE Premium Plus 300d
2023 New style GLE - Anyone having same problems?

Hi,

I bought the new style GLE 300 d Premium Plus in October 2023 (Registered Aug 2023). So it has:
- the new style steering wheel (mostly touch sensors instead of physical buttons)
- Wireless Android auto/Apple car
I have to say I have not yet managed to enjoy the car due to its ongoing issues. I would be grateful if you could help with any of them or let me know if you have the same problem/s.
Problems:
- Left directional touch control on the steering wheel is almost completely unresponsive (only in up and down directions) especially when operated with the thumb. This was verified by the dealer technician and they are currently replacing the steering wheel under warranty.
- Randomly at about every 2 to 3 weeks and sometimes 2 days in a row, a message pops up on the screen when starting the car and disappears when restarting the car. The message is "Active Brake Assist Functions Limited". Sometimes additional pop up windows come up including "Active Blind Spot Assist Inoperative" and "Active Lane keeping assist inoperative". When this happens, I have checked that the sensors and cameras are not covered with dirt, rain...etc.
The dealer has not found a diagnosis for this, but when raised a technical case about the above two issues, they advised to replace the steering wheel and so they suspect the "brake assist" glitch is also caused bybthe faulty steering wheel touch control but I personally doubt this. I should be able to fund out soon.
- The driver side windscreen wiper leaves streaks especially in rain and the streaks are in my line of vision. The wipers were replaced by the dealer in January but the exact problem started again in February despite thoroughly cleaning the wiper and windscreen with the right stuff.
- Middle row left seat (double seater), rattles. They are currently replacing this under warranty.

Thank you
Old 03-13-2024, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to V167 forum...