GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Greeting Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 07:03 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Question Greeting Message

When I start my 2024 GLE 350 it will show my name on the screen and say “ Good morning ( my name )”. I notice that during the course of the day it may or may not do that again, usually not , when I again start my car. What is the reason for the greeting to occur or just the welcome screen appear with my name and no audible greeting? BTW, the welcome screen always appears with my name.
Another question with the initial welcome screen is that the Apple CarPlay banner always pops up. I hit the x button on the banner which only removes it for that time. The rather large grey Apple CarPlay banner covers up part of that screen. How do I eliminate that Apple banner from always popping up? Does it have to do with my Apple phone being paired with the car? Don’t I want my phone to be paired with my car ? This is the way my salesperson set it up for me, , perhaps there are better ways for him to have done the initial setup. Thanks
Old 07-25-2024, 11:02 AM

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
When I start my 2024 GLE 350 it will show my name on the screen and say “ Good morning ( my name )”. I notice that during the course of the day it may or may not do that again, usually not , when I again start my car. What is the reason for the greeting to occur or just the welcome screen appear with my name and no audible greeting? BTW, the welcome screen always appears with my name.
Another question with the initial welcome screen is that the Apple CarPlay banner always pops up. I hit the x button on the banner which only removes it for that time. The rather large grey Apple CarPlay banner covers up part of that screen. How do I eliminate that Apple banner from always popping up? Does it have to do with my Apple phone being paired with the car? Don’t I want my phone to be paired with my car ? This is the way my salesperson set it up for me, , perhaps there are better ways for him to have done the initial setup. Thanks
The greeting message where it says your name. It will do it the first time you start the car for the day. The times it doesn't say the name it's because it had recently said it so it won't say it again until the car has been off for some time. I think they refer to it as a session (that's what Nick O'leary calls it in his videos)

For example, if you get in and take a drive, and look at your trip counter, and then turn off the car for a little while and then get in and take another drive, the trip millage count continues from the last drive, it doesn't reset. I noticed this one day when I went to a doctor appointment and when I turned the car on again and drove home after a quick Dr visit, it didn't register it as a new trip, it just accumulated the mpg and miles from my drive to the doctors office.

I think Nick O'leary said in one of his videos that a "session" is about 4 hours or so.

I assumed that the "Welcome your name here" saying it sometimes and not others had something to do with this. I guess so if you're running errands and getting in and out a lot it doesn't say your name every time (I think that would be annoying). However, if you don't drive the car for 5 hours after your last drive, it will say your name again.

The car play banner, I have seen no way to disable that. It will pop up every time asking me to "click here to activate". It's still running in the background, that just brings it to the foreground on the display. I keep it running in the background but use mbux mostly. Only use carplay for texts really which it still will do even if it's not being displayed on the screen.
Old 07-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,685 Likes on 2,282 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
If I recalled correctly, that "Welcome" screen is basically the login screen just like a computer, you select your driver profile and it loads all the settings. As mentioned, it reverts back to guest and the select profile screen after a couple of hours of not driving it again. If you want to see the "Welcome" screen before those hours have gone by, you click the profile icon which shows the select a driver profile screen.
Old 07-25-2024, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 GLE 450
When you’re at the select a profile screen upon startup you don’t actually have to select a profile. After a few seconds without touching the screen the system will load the last used profile by default and advance to the mbux menu.

Having to select my profile every time was annoying so I found this to be helpful. I even removed the profile PIN too so I don’t have to touch or click anything when I start my car.
Old 07-25-2024, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 205 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
If you don’t use CarPlay, go into Bluetooth settings on your phone. Tap on the connected car and turn off CarPlay. That will stop it from coming up. You can still send text messages and make phone calls.
Old 07-26-2024, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,635 Likes on 1,205 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
If you don’t use CarPlay, go into Bluetooth settings on your phone. Tap on the connected car and turn off CarPlay. That will stop it from coming up. You can still send text messages and make phone calls.
You can also use Bluetooth to play your tunes without carplay.