GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Identify Front/Rear Wheels (offset) from exterior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2024 | 10:56 AM

GLE
Question Identify Front/Rear Wheels (offset) from exterior?

I took all four wheels off to ceramic coat them inside and out. I only looked at the tire size and didn't realize the front and rears have different offset, so there is a possibility I might be driving with the wrong wheel setup. Is there a way to tell without having to take the wheels off and maybe I got lucky putting them back on?
Old 09-19-2024 | 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by loturs
I took all four wheels off to ceramic coat them inside and out. I only looked at the tire size and didn't realize the front and rears have different offset, so there is a possibility I might be driving with the wrong wheel setup. Is there a way to tell without having to take the wheels off and maybe I got lucky putting them back on?
Inside the rim has the offset numbers printed. It'll say ET##. For example scroll down and you'll see an ET figure circled in yellow.

Go here to confirm the ET (offset figures) for front vs back:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mercedes/gle-class/

Last edited by wildta; 09-19-2024 at 12:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wildta:
HotRodW (09-19-2024), jtjbt20x (09-20-2024)
Old 09-20-2024 | 12:00 PM

GLE
Originally Posted by wildta
Inside the rim has the offset numbers printed.
I get that. I was hoping there was a way to identify externally so I know if I got it right without having to take the wheels off again, or if I just need to swap one side.
Old 09-20-2024 | 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
I get that. I was hoping there was a way to identify externally so I know if I got it right without having to take the wheels off again, or if I just need to swap one side.
Gotcha. Perhaps a mirror to see the interior offset stamps or maybe visually if something looks off based on the wheel arches and whether or not the wheels look more inset than you would suspect. You must have 20" wheels?
Old 09-21-2024 | 09:51 PM

GLE
Gotcha. Perhaps a mirror to see the interior offset stamps or maybe visually if something looks off based on the wheel arches and whether or not the wheels look more inset than you would suspect. You must have 20" wheels?
Cheers for the mirror tip! I was a bit skeptical at first, but the spokes are far enough apart to get a mirror inside. Only had to swap one side.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (09-23-2024)
Old 09-21-2024 | 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Cheers for the mirror tip! I was a bit skeptical at first, but the spokes are far enough apart to get a mirror inside. Only had to swap one side.
Nice! Glad you figured it out.
Old 09-22-2024 | 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
That's neat trick but if OP posted pictures of the design of the wheels we can run the wheels design through MBEPC and get the offset needed, looks like that is no longer needed though as OP seems to have it figured out now.