GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Multibeam LED High Beams

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2024 | 05:13 PM

2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Multibeam LED High Beams

Hey all,
So I usually use auto high beams. I had did ILS coded but I had the coding reverted back because I didn't feel the lights were as bright as they were before and also had odd glitches like it putting the black box 10-15 feet above the car in front of me. After the coding was reverted back, I noticed that when I turned on the high beams that they would get bright, then a second later get brighter and the beam would be fuller. I was told by the coder that this is normal, but I don't remember ever noticing that the times I tried manual high beams when I first got the car. I noticed what's happening. When I turn the high beams on, the outer bulb gets bright and then a second later, the inner bulb gets bright.

Does anyone know if that is normal? Or can someone try manually turning on the high beams and let me know if it does the same thing?

Here are a couple videos showing it.

Last edited by graffixnyc; 10-02-2024 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2024 | 10:44 AM

MY2024 GLE 450
Originally Posted by graffixnyc
Does anyone know if that is normal? Or can someone try manually turning on the high beams and let me know if it does the same thing?
It's normal, mine is doing the same thing, no coding, stock config.
The following users liked this post:
graffixnyc (10-03-2024)
Old 10-03-2024 | 11:26 AM

2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by stktyz33
It's normal, mine is doing the same thing, no coding, stock config.
Thanks! I know my level sensor was throwing a code (which I'm having them look into in a couple of weeks) so I wasn't sure if it could be related to that or something else causing it. Good to know it's normal! Thanks again for confirming!