Sponsored By:

DISCOUNTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
DISCOUNTS

I was wondering what kind of discounts buyers are seeing on the '16 GLE. My lease is up on my '13 ML350BT in April and I'm going to go in and order a GLE300d today. We probably won't work out the actual figures until the trade occurs, but was curious as to what people are seeing for discounts.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:26 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
You're making the jump to the 300d?!?! Have you driven it? How do you like it compared to your 350? I made a deal last night (ink not dry yet) moving from a '12 350BT to a '16 GLE350. Wasn't my 1st choice and hindsight is 20/20, but I'm looking forward to it now. Got it for approx $3k below invoice which is roughly 10.5% below sticker. Remember there is also a $1500 rebate on the gas 350 right now.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG GLC43
I just ordered and got $1,500 below invoice plus a $2,000 fleet discount. Still negotiating on prepaid maintenance.

FYI
Old 12-31-2015, 08:29 AM
skw

2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by jeffzou
I just ordered and got $1,500 below invoice plus a $2,000 fleet discount. Still negotiating on prepaid maintenance.

FYI
I forgot about the prepaid maint until we were waiting to go into the finance office or I would've included that as part of the deal. Leased for 3yrs, 30k mi, so I got the 2pk maint for only $850 (figured turning it in before the 3rd maint comes due). Residualized at 57% so I'm paying $365 for both services. DIY oil changes on these are easy enough but the 20k service on my current rig cost me about $400 in parts alone so figured it was a no brainer this time around. next deal, I would certainly include it as part of my initial negotiations.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:41 PM

Someone has also mentioned that as this will be my 4th Mercedes from the same dealership that I should get some kind of loyalty discount (not sure if that's something from MB corporate or the dealership). They're working on the figures today. Getting a 36 months lease with 25,000 miles/year. The MSRP worked out to about $77,000, so it pretty much has every option.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:11 PM
skw

2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
Someone has also mentioned that as this will be my 4th Mercedes from the same dealership that I should get some kind of loyalty discount (not sure if that's something from MB corporate or the dealership). They're working on the figures today. Getting a 36 months lease with 25,000 miles/year. The MSRP worked out to about $77,000, so it pretty much has every option.
Keep us posted on how you make out and what kind of "loyalty" discount they give you. Would be interested to know if it is from the dealer, MBUSA, or MBFS? You did also get the rest of your payments waived? You loaded up a diesel to $77k? Sweet! We picked an incoming one with a sticker of $61.4k. Doesn't have everything we wanted but a lot of what we don't have now. Kinda using it as a test run to see which options from our current rig and the new we either like or can do without as the plan is to order a vehicle next time around.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI

Do you know how they got $1,500 off the invoice? was it from some dealer holdback or some event certificate? (ie. winter event)
Old 12-31-2015, 03:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by skw
Keep us posted on how you make out and what kind of "loyalty" discount they give you. Would be interested to know if it is from the dealer, MBUSA, or MBFS? You did also get the rest of your payments waived? You loaded up a diesel to $77k? Sweet! We picked an incoming one with a sticker of $61.4k. Doesn't have everything we wanted but a lot of what we don't have now. Kinda using it as a test run to see which options from our current rig and the new we either like or can do without as the plan is to order a vehicle next time around.
Why not get the car the way you want? You shouldn't settle. A dealer can swap with another dealer to get the exact car with the options you want.
I wouldn't settle on a vehicle without what I want for 3 years. You will regret it. Of course it's easier for the dealer to sell out of his own inventory, but you're the one spending the money. You never have to settle.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
In Vancouver, Canada. There is a 3-4 month to get the custom configuration and dealers are sticking to $0 discount. I'll wait until summer.

Hoping for a fully loaded GLE350d. I must say, seeing the GLE in person, there were some elements I didn't like. The front grill was very plastic looking on the lower half. I'm not sure what they were thinking. But regardless, the SUV is beautiful on the inside and the gas milage is remarkable.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:58 PM
skw

2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by William Kayen
Why not get the car the way you want? You shouldn't settle. A dealer can swap with another dealer to get the exact car with the options you want.
I wouldn't settle on a vehicle without what I want for 3 years. You will regret it. Of course it's easier for the dealer to sell out of his own inventory, but you're the one spending the money. You never have to settle.
I'm the biggest proponent of what you're saying, and in fact, ordered my BMW last year.

My goal this week didn't quite work out but it's ok. I was hoping to get into a GL. Thought process was that with it being end of year, end of month, and order books open for the new GLS which will be on dealer lots by March, I might be able to get into a GL for the cost of a ML/GLE. Came down to the wire Tuesday night and was offered some aggressive deals (up to $9,600 off) but not to where I was comfortable pricewise (w/ a baby due in May) on a vehicle I wanted. And I didn't want a stripper GL just for the sake of being in a GL. At that point, too late to place an order for a GL, and even going to a GLE and getting one from another dealer couldn't be executed in time to take advantage of this months incentives. So we decided to take one that was incoming with the color combo we would've ordered, white w/ espresso brown interior and brown eucalyptus wood, and also pano roof to see how we like it. This lease will be up at this same time of year so definitely ordering the next one and can put together the options we like or don't like between our ML and the new GLE. Will also be better prepared to place the order in October to take advantage of incentives that come out for end of year in December.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:36 PM

2017 AMG GLC43
No, sorry. Im not certain how they came up with the money to get to 1500 under invoice. I made my offer and let then do their math.

Originally Posted by variable229
Do you know how they got $1,500 off the invoice? was it from some dealer holdback or some event certificate? (ie. winter event)
Old 12-31-2015, 07:39 PM

2017 AMG GLC43
They would not negotiate with me in advance of deliver for the prepaid maintenance. It is not a component of the build so they said we will work with me upon delivery. I was a bit skeptical but will give them a chance.

Wrote the order up to say that any incentives for the month of delivery are mine as well - so we will see if anything else hits the table come delivery in late February or early March.

Originally Posted by skw
I forgot about the prepaid maint until we were waiting to go into the finance office or I would've included that as part of the deal. Leased for 3yrs, 30k mi, so I got the 2pk maint for only $850 (figured turning it in before the 3rd maint comes due). Residualized at 57% so I'm paying $365 for both services. DIY oil changes on these are easy enough but the 20k service on my current rig cost me about $400 in parts alone so figured it was a no brainer this time around. next deal, I would certainly include it as part of my initial negotiations.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They would not negotiate with me in advance of deliver for the prepaid maintenance. It is not a component of the build so they said we will work with me upon delivery. I was a bit skeptical but will give them a chance.

Wrote the order up to say that any incentives for the month of delivery are mine as well - so we will see if anything else hits the table come delivery in late February or early March.
I'm stuck on ordering between a GLE350 vs GLE400. It seems the lease incentives and money factor are better on 350's in the past few months.

Did you pick the GLE400?
Old 01-02-2016, 09:18 AM

2017 AMG GLC43
Neither. I wanted back into a diesel so ordered the 300d

Jeff

I'm stuck on ordering between a GLE350 vs GLE400. It seems the lease incentives and money factor are better on 350's in the past few months.

Did you pick the GLE400?
Old 01-06-2016, 03:44 PM

Got a build sheet from my sales rep. He wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything. I said, good to go. He said he would have the sales manager get in touch with me regarding the money part of the deal. So far crickets.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle 350
What do you guys think of my lease offer? GLE 350 with nav, panorama sunroof, pre collision assist I believe the sticker price was 61k 3yr lease $704 per month? Is this a good lease offer? My boss is really good friends with the general manager and referred me to him. Want to see if I got a good deal or not. Oh forgot to mention it is 4matic and in New York metro area also taxes title and first month were paid upfront came to about 3500-4000 upfront with all the fees.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
skw

2019 GLS450
Collision assist is standard, nav is part of the P1 pkg. They should be able to give you a print out of the build sheet so you know exactly what you're getting. No way to tell if it is a good deal w/o knowing all of the details. 7.5k/yr, 10k/yr, 15k/yr? Ask what was the residual percentage, money factor being used, line items of all the fees including the lease acq fee, and the selling price. Off the bat, you can go to MBUSA to the fine print in the offers to reverse calculate the residual percentage. On there it would also tell you the lease acq fee so you can see if it is being marked up. Check or post on the Edmunds forum to find this month's MF. A lot of missing pieces but you can download a lease calculator (I like the one from Bankrate) and figure out what your deal should be. Friend of a friend or not, he still is looking to make money to keep his doors open, lights on, and pay for that free coffee.

Last edited by skw; 01-12-2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:29 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Dealers make thousands even without dipping into holdback or needing an incentive when selling below invoice. In its simplest terms, dealers get bonuses for every car sold. No one knows the number except for the dealer ownership and the manufacturer so don't even think about looking for that info.

$1500 under invoice plus incentives should will make most dealers very happy.