GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GLE63 Rear Seats - recline?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:33 PM

Received 241 Likes on 138 Posts
Soon: 2020 G63 Currently: 2016 GLE63 SUV + 97 F250HD, Before: 2013 G550, Range Rover Sport, 1984 CJ7
GLE63 Rear Seats - recline?

Hey gents, question for anyone in the new GLE63.

Do the rear seats recline at all? in the 2015 ML63, they had about 2-3" of adjustment to lean back.

Also - I am looking for how the powershades on the Pano roof works. Any video or pics would be great.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2016, 08:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
16 GLE400
The GLE 400 that we sat in, the rear seat back did adjust back about 2/3". And as for the Pano shade, they are power to open and close, you can open & close without opening the glass. We didn't order the Pano, the shade is thin and light came though. We didn't like the bar between each glass, wish it was like the Coupe-one large glass.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Do a search for mercedes pano roofs on YouTube. I just did and found a few. Most work the same. The one I just looked at (c class coupe ) worked just like the one we had on a '10 E63.

I'm not sure if your also asking for opinions on the panos (and everyone is different) but we HATED ours. We had an all black car (black interior, black headliner) and it was miserably hot in the southern heat. I even had it tinted, after 2 different shops advised against it and refused to warranty it, and we still could not keep the car cool. (Both shops said the heat being reflected by the tint "could possibly" cause the pano to crack.) I think they look good but the thin shade that covers the glass is not adequate.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
To the OP - if you are talking about the GLE63 S Coupe - Panorama is part of Premium 1 - if GLE63 S (standard) then Panorama is separate stand alone option - in BOTH cases Panorama has been production limited - so you must be clear with your dealer if this is a MUST have or not.

My personal comment - the GLE63 S Coupe is AWESOME, repeat AWESOME - and the GLE63 S (standard) is GREAT...

Due respect to prior comments - if anyone needs to explore additional UV/infra-red/heat rejection - for sunroof's you don't add "dark" tint - you add 3M Crystalline clear tint - and you don't "dark tint" windshields either - you do clear 3M Crystalline done for front windshield - in those areas of the country where you have brutal sun - and have to leave your car in uncovered parking... do a google ... great stuff, really...
Old 01-29-2016, 12:17 AM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
I would think that the GLE's rear seats, besides the seat material, would be the same across the board. They do indeed recline and we usually keep ours in that position.

The pano roof shade is in 2 sections, both of which extend or retract from the bar in the middle. They operate together by means of the sunroof switch. For now we are enjoying it as this is one of the features we liked on the X5. Feels like it opens the cabin a bit. The shade is a thin fabric and does let some light through but has not been a problem for us yet. We've been keeping open so far. Have yet to see what it will be like in the summer.

As for tint, here in the Northeast, many use Llumar's Air Blue 80 on windshields and sunroofs. It blocks most of the sun's UV rays w/o adding a dark color to the glass.