Sponsored By:

Little Disappointed on AMG GLE 63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLE 63S
Talking Little Disappointed on AMG GLE 63S

Hi, this is my frist day here and will start with my experience with the new GLE 63s AMG.
Just bought this car from Germany, it had 5800 km and manufactured in 07/2015.
Actually this car is awesome, a real monster but here are some issues i have:

- Cracking/popping sound from the front wheels in 60-100% of the steering right or left in drive or in reverse (this not happens all the time..)
- Front headlights gets foggy because of condensation also the interior beams are scratched.
- Both rear stop lights cracked, seems because of the leds..
- The Right Rear Fender Liner popped out from a few rivets or how are they called..
- Passenger seat belt its not installed correctly
- The menu on the ar has a little noticeable delay
Hope i don't find other problems..

Here are a few photos + video:

Youtube Video:

Old 02-15-2016, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I apologize that I don't recognize the countryside in your video - where are you located ?

Am I correct that you purchased this GL63 from Pegasus rental cars in Frankfurt ?

1) If your cracking/popping sound from the front suspension happens at low speed - and happens more after the car is 1st started - and less after driving the GLE for awhile - with the lowered GLE63 suspension - this can border from normal-to-not/good. A expereinced Mercedes dealer could diagnose more accurately.

2) Front headlights gets foggy because of condensation also the interior beams are scratched - to me sounds like someone before you bought the car was inside those headlight units - is it more noticeable on the passenger side ?

3) Both rear stop lights cracked - the LED's have little heat - if your rear tail light plastic lenses cracked - yes, that could possibly happen from body flex in extreme condition. I have not personally seen it happen - but it is possible from flex

4) The Right Rear Fender Liner popped out from a few rivets - yes, they could "pop" under extreme body stress - or have not been fastened back properly after body repair from a accident

5) Passenger seat belt is not is not working properly - correct ? There can be several reasons for that to happen - and the reasons I know of are connected to prior-accident damage.

Summary - if I purchased a pre-owned GLE63s from a car rental company - if it was me - I would start thinking if some of these problems may be related to prior-accident and prior-accident-repair. For example - here in the US - it is very common if a rental car gets in a accident - for it to be repaired without a insurance claim - which means the accident is not reported on the US vehicle master record.

Keep the beat !
Old 02-16-2016, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
did you buy the car used? Seems like some of those issues were due to normal wear and tear.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:07 AM

AMG GLE 63S
Well from what they told me the car was used for Test-Drive and it had ~6000km
I'm from Romania and the car was bought from Pegasus exclusive cars GmbH & Co. KG Mönchengladbach.
Actually the car was in possession of Mercedes-benz Mönchengladbach, because the car arrived from there while i was waiting at Pegasus.
Seems Pegasus had no ideea about the issues of the car, they assured me the car is in mint condition and never had an accident.
But i've seen that the right fender was removed or replaced because the paint on the screws is removed.
The smart mechanics* from M-b in my city says there is no mechanical issue, and probably the cracking is because of the big wheels ) omg...
Now i'm waiting for them to to fix this problems under warranty.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:28 AM

AMG GLE 63S
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I apologize that I don't recognize the countryside in your video - where are you located ?

Am I correct that you purchased this GL63 from Pegasus rental cars in Frankfurt ?

1) If your cracking/popping sound from the front suspension happens at low speed - and happens more after the car is 1st started - and less after driving the GLE for awhile - with the lowered GLE63 suspension - this can border from normal-to-not/good. A expereinced Mercedes dealer could diagnose more accurately.

2) Front headlights gets foggy because of condensation also the interior beams are scratched - to me sounds like someone before you bought the car was inside those headlight units - is it more noticeable on the passenger side ?

3) Both rear stop lights cracked - the LED's have little heat - if your rear tail light plastic lenses cracked - yes, that could possibly happen from body flex in extreme condition. I have not personally seen it happen - but it is possible from flex

4) The Right Rear Fender Liner popped out from a few rivets - yes, they could "pop" under extreme body stress - or have not been fastened back properly after body repair from a accident

5) Passenger seat belt is not is not working properly - correct ? There can be several reasons for that to happen - and the reasons I know of are connected to prior-accident damage.

Summary - if I purchased a pre-owned GLE63s from a car rental company - if it was me - I would start thinking if some of these problems may be related to prior-accident and prior-accident-repair. For example - here in the US - it is very common if a rental car gets in a accident - for it to be repaired without a insurance claim - which means the accident is not reported on the US vehicle master record.

Keep the beat !
Hi, thanks for the reply.
The car was in possession of M-b Mönchengladbach, and i was told the car was used for Test-drive, this will explain the dirty seats..
1) I couldn't find a pattern to reproduce the popping sound.
When i went to M-b in my city i could reproduce the popping issue to the guy that handles receiving the car in service.
He said: - It can be because of the big wheels or a transmission problem. (Wheels come from factory as default.)

After that the car went inside and the mechanic put the car on an elevator for investigations.
His reply: No problem found.

After this i went with the mechanic to show him the popping problem, i did ~exactly the same thing that i did with the reception guy, but no popping...

2) Well i think someone messed with them since i can see some used screws..

3) They told me that is because some bad plastic used and it was fixed in the new models.

4) Maybe is related to the fact that that the right fender was removed or replaced because the paint on the screws is removed.

5) In M-b database the car has no repairs, and i really hope it never had because i will sue there ***.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Since the front suspension has been checked - then what you have "heard" off-and-on at low speed, and reverse - your shop says is "normal" - please understand that is NOT unusual with performance suspension on all-wheel-drive SUV's.

Yes - small things do indicate there was some type of minor/moderate body damage that was repaired - the good thing is that your shop did not see any signs of more serious damage - and that is a good thing.

You bought it because it was available - and also because you got a "sharp" price.

You have one heck of a Mercedes for Romania - and Romanians are proud people.

Mult noroc !