Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Am I missing something?

Am I missing something on the center dial that controls comfort, sport and individual settings? There is a setting for sport, one for comfort, and finally one for individual. And since there is only comfort and sport for either the engine or the steering, that only leaves 2 other ways to program the individual setting.
So with other cars with the active curve or other options, are there more ways to set up the car? Just seems odd and lame to have individual setting with only 2 ways to adjust it or, ....."am I missing something?"
Thanks!
Old 04-12-2016, 10:00 AM

Received 241 Likes on 138 Posts
Soon: 2020 G63 Currently: 2016 GLE63 SUV + 97 F250HD, Before: 2013 G550, Range Rover Sport, 1984 CJ7
You got me on this one. I thought you could custom set the suspension, steering and transmission.

This review goes into the individual settings of a coupe for a moment:

I think individual is - to your point - if you want to set steering to sport, but suspension to comfy and your revs/ride to sport.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
yeah. don't have the options, but from the manual looks like it adjusts for several aspects. what i can't get over, tho, is it keeps defaulting to comfort. i can see the hill or slippery setting defaulting back, but pls, if i set individual leave it there until i change it! steering is much to light for me with the fbw so i started using individual. didn't last long as it was a pain to remember the switch (mb does not want you to switch on the fly, i asked). im just going to get used to the steering and avoid driving other cars. ron
Old 04-12-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
16 GLE400, 16 eGolf, 15 M3, 13 328i, 06 S430, 98 E320
Originally Posted by rcsjr
yeah. don't have the options, but from the manual looks like it adjusts for several aspects. what i can't get over, tho, is it keeps defaulting to comfort. i can see the hill or slippery setting defaulting back, but pls, if i set individual leave it there until i change it! steering is much to light for me with the fbw so i started using individual. didn't last long as it was a pain to remember the switch (mb does not want you to switch on the fly, i asked). im just going to get used to the steering and avoid driving other cars. ron
I totally agree and it seems like this GLE really doesn't have a brain to remember anything and yes, the lack of adjustments is lame and I have to remember to move to "sports" mode and turn off the stupid Eco switch everytime and do it in this exact order otherwise I need to turn off the stupid Eco switch twice. Anyhow, I am usually driving my M3 and when it is family day when my wife expects me to drive, I feel like I am driving a Cadillac with a MB badge...pathetic..
Old 04-26-2016, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Originally Posted by davezaristo
I totally agree and it seems like this GLE really doesn't have a brain to remember anything and yes, the lack of adjustments is lame and I have to remember to move to "sports" mode and turn off the stupid Eco switch everytime and do it in this exact order otherwise I need to turn off the stupid Eco switch twice. Anyhow, I am usually driving my M3 and when it is family day when my wife expects me to drive, I feel like I am driving a Cadillac with a MB badge...pathetic..
Yes, some things on MB are annoying where BMW does it better. But I'm sure BMW gets it wrong in areas too.
But.........our deposit on a new C63s coupe might get cancelled and we are now considering an M4 or older M3. (Plus it doesn't hurt the have the BMW Performance Center in our backyard, 10 minutes away, that let's people us the track regularly.) Hasn't Porsche recently done this too with a track in Atlanta?
Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 PM

Received 241 Likes on 138 Posts
Soon: 2020 G63 Currently: 2016 GLE63 SUV + 97 F250HD, Before: 2013 G550, Range Rover Sport, 1984 CJ7
I'd stick to the C63s. That thing is sooooo mean.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
16 GLE400, 16 eGolf, 15 M3, 13 328i, 06 S430, 98 E320
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Yes, some things on MB are annoying where BMW does it better. But I'm sure BMW gets it wrong in areas too.
But.........our deposit on a new C63s coupe might get cancelled and we are now considering an M4 or older M3. (Plus it doesn't hurt the have the BMW Performance Center in our backyard, 10 minutes away, that let's people us the track regularly.) Hasn't Porsche recently done this too with a track in Atlanta?
I have a F80 M3 and love it and haven't driven the new C63 yet so can't comment on it. I would imagine that you can't go wrong with either one and you are right, certain things BMW does better than Benz and vice versa but honestly I was way more satisfied on both of the W212 E350 than the GLE.