GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GLE 300d A / B Services

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost / 2007 Subaru Forester XT Sport
GLE 300d A / B Services

So I'm not clear on the difference between the A & B service costs for a gas vs. diesel GLE. The dealer told me that the A service "should" be the same for gas and diesel, but the B service is "probably" $50 more than the gas service because of the AdBlue DEF. Does this fall in line with what everybody else has seen?

So here's my question...if I go for my B service and the DEF is full, do they not charge me more, or to they not add any and charge me more anyway? I can fill up the DEF tank for less than $30, and I know if I go in between services it's $175, which is nuts. Anybody have any info on this?
Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
A Service Adviser at the dealership can give you the "exact" quote for A and B service for your GLE350d.

On B-20K service - one question is whether or not the diesel fuel filter is recommended or whether or not required..

Again, the service adviser can give you erxact qotes based on service pricing as off this moment for that dealership.

If you are topped off on DEF - or specifically request DEF should NOT be done - then the dealer will not fill/charge you for work not/not-requested.

Now - if planning to keep at/over 40K - going into B-20K - you can consider purchasing a 3-service prepaid pack - understand that the 40K service is really a B++.

Keep the beaty !
Old 08-14-2016, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost / 2007 Subaru Forester XT Sport
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
A Service Adviser at the dealership can give you the "exact" quote for A and B service for your GLE350d.

On B-20K service - one question is whether or not the diesel fuel filter is recommended or whether or not required..

Again, the service adviser can give you erxact qotes based on service pricing as off this moment for that dealership.

If you are topped off on DEF - or specifically request DEF should NOT be done - then the dealer will not fill/charge you for work not/not-requested.

Now - if planning to keep at/over 40K - going into B-20K - you can consider purchasing a 3-service prepaid pack - understand that the 40K service is really a B++.

Keep the beaty !
Is the prepaid service typically discounted? We haven't taken delivery of our car yet so I'm sure they'll try to sell us on prepaid service at that point. Also considering an extended warranty, as we plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time and do 25k miles / year. I've seen some people getting the extended for $2,800, so I'm hoping our dealer doesn't try and hit us for much more than that.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
Originally Posted by Fotomatt1
Is the prepaid service typically discounted? We haven't taken delivery of our car yet so I'm sure they'll try to sell us on prepaid service at that point. Also considering an extended warranty, as we plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time and do 25k miles / year. I've seen some people getting the extended for $2,800, so I'm hoping our dealer doesn't try and hit us for much more than that.
Wow, if you drive that much, you should really consider a CPO. Unlimited miles and you can extend it two additional years for much less than the price you are getting on extending the warranty from new. Also, at 25k you are only looking at 4 total years of coverage (I don't believe you can extend the std warranty beyond 100k miles but I could be wrong here). 7 yrs of coverage vs 4, free maintenance (I believe 2 yrs) and MB will make 1 payment for you (most CPOs this month at least). But I understand if you prefer new, just something to think about.