GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

Blown tires for my GLE350 4Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Veteran: Air Force

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
to Roni07 - I usually get the tires rotated at a Jiffy lube or someplace like that where I can watch them and make sure they rotate them the right way . I also make them hand torque the wheel lugs nuts. I bring my own plastic coated wheels sockets for them to use so they don't scratch/scar the wheels when tightening the lugs. I don't use the dealer because they usually charge 29.99 or feel they have to be rebalance everytime. I try to find place that advertises 19.99 , but again I watch them. I'm retired so time is not an issue for me on top of that, i can sometimes get crazy when it comes to my car.

Also as chassis stated some dealers won't rotate tires if they are wearing the same.

On the tire pressure issue, again I run 36PSI all the time. The 45 people refer to ( which is inside the drivers door frame) is the max pressure you should put in the tire according to Mercedes. . Also the tire has a max psi listed on the side wall. For sure Never put more air than is indicated on sidewall of the tire. Inside the gas cap Mercedes list a range from 32 to 44psi , that's what I use as a reference.

to Chassis - this comment about stink eye is an old southern reference to someone looking at you like what you said was crazy or when you see one dog really eyeing the other , when the other is getting ready to get on his bed or on the couch with him.