Sponsored By:

Exterior Protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 MB GLE 350 4MATIC
Exterior Protection

Does anyone use Hood and headlight protectors? Driver's where I live are notorious for not having mud guards on their vehicles and when driving on the highway, it's like dodging bullets. I have a new GLE350 and would like to keep it looking new as long as I can, but in the owner's manual I read where you can't or shouldn't stick anything on the exterior painted surfaces. And, if anyone did...does it get damaged when you take it for a car wash?
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
I have Llumar Platinum Paint Protection Film on the front bumper, headlights, entire hood, both front fenders, "A" pillars, front edge of roof, exterior mirrors and top edge of rear bumper. It's a permanent clear coating of armor that protects against paint chips, scratches, rocks, sand and salt. It has hydrophobic properties and is self-healing. Although it's designed to be permanent, it can be removed without damage to the finish. It has a ten year warranty against peeling, yellowing, cracking, etc. The warranty covers the product and installation. This keeps your finish FLAWLESS!!!

http://northamerica.llumar.com/autom...on-film-series

Had it installed here:

http://exclusivedetail.com/xpel-3m-p...m-clear-bra-2/

I use this on the entire vehicle, including the paint protection film. It came highly recommended by my detailing shop.

Amazon Amazon