Sponsored By:

2018 GLE Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE
2018 GLE Delivery

Picking up the ordered GLE tomorrow which I ordered with Premium 3 pkg, 20" wheels, Pano roof, multicontour seats with massage, air ironization, leather, and magic vision control. Coming from a VW Touareg TDi which sold back to VW July 5. Looking forward to the new ride and learning about it on this forum.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Congratulations. What did you get? 350, 350 4 matic, 43, 63, 63s?
Old 08-02-2017, 04:00 PM

GLE
Just the plain ole 350. Live in Houston and got talked out of the 4 Matic since we don't get that much snow/ice nor do I go offroad.

Not many 350s out there with Premium 3 that I could find in colors and other options I wanted. Silver with black interior.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Post pics and your input. Im waiting for mine. I went P2 instead of P3, didnt need to be "active with everything. But i did go 4matic.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing it
Old 08-03-2017, 08:14 PM

2018 GLE 43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by sailj22
Picking up the ordered GLE tomorrow which I ordered with Premium 3 pkg, 20" wheels, Pano roof, multicontour seats with massage, air ironization, leather, and magic vision control. Coming from a VW Touareg TDi which sold back to VW July 5. Looking forward to the new ride and learning about it on this forum.
Nice setup!! How long did you have to wait? I'm still waiting for my ordered GLE43 Coupe that I ordered back in end of May.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:06 AM

GLE
Originally Posted by mei_hawa
Nice setup!! How long did you have to wait? I'm still waiting for my ordered GLE43 Coupe that I ordered back in end of May.
They just started building the 2018 in July and I ordered mine in early June when I had a general idea of when my VW TDi would be bought back. I am not sure of the 43 allocation and how many they make but you should be able to get a build date from the dealer.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:12 AM

GLE
They all look the same so I won't post many pics. Picked it up last night. There is no auto-stop/start for economy on it so I am happy about that. Too many apps and adjustments to make and I will spend the next few weeks figuring it all out.

One of the things in my VW Touareg I loved was being able to scroll through the Sirius/XM channels without changing the station and be able to see the artist/title playing. I know it sounds trivial and silly but I loved that ability.

I have found you can do that on this vehicle as well at least with the H/K sound system. It is not as convenient as the VW but I am able to do it.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:14 AM

GLE
Pic of said vehicle. 20" wheels.
Attached Thumbnails 2018 GLE Delivery-mb.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 04:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Congratulations! Mercedes always does a great job with silver. How do you like the HK system?
Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 350 4MATIC
Just fyi, if you have stock continentals on there, change them today-go to costco. Seriously, spend the 1000$ and get yourself michelin defenders XLT. It has single handedly changed my driving experience (still have problems with my vehicle, but its actually enjoyable now). The stock tires are too soft for this massive car and the AWD system WILL cut the power to the wheels without turning on the slip notification, leaving you with a gimped car. I noticed a significant change in the continentals at about 15-20k mile- hydroplane with drizzle, you start to feel the grip "loosen", absolutely no acceleration what so ever. The premiers are also available, people said they work well but I haven't tried them. Two costco reps at 2 locations both recommended the defenders and so far I'm very happy. (go with the defenders if you want grip and always listen to music, go with the premiers if you usually sit in silence in your car--the firmness of the defenders will transmit a little more road noise but only if you're looking for it.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:00 PM

GLE
Originally Posted by nvsocr7
Just fyi, if you have stock continentals on there, change them today-go to costco. Seriously, spend the 1000$ and get yourself michelin defenders XLT. It has single handedly changed my driving experience (still have problems with my vehicle, but its actually enjoyable now). The stock tires are too soft for this massive car and the AWD system WILL cut the power to the wheels without turning on the slip notification, leaving you with a gimped car. I noticed a significant change in the continentals at about 15-20k mile- hydroplane with drizzle, you start to feel the grip "loosen", absolutely no acceleration what so ever. The premiers are also available, people said they work well but I haven't tried them. Two costco reps at 2 locations both recommended the defenders and so far I'm very happy. (go with the defenders if you want grip and always listen to music, go with the premiers if you usually sit in silence in your car--the firmness of the defenders will transmit a little more road noise but only if you're looking for it.
This came with Perilli Scorpions and I haven't noticed anything negative on the yet. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes GLE 350d 4Matic
I have the same rims and also with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. After 13000 km I wouldn't say I like these tyres too much. At least mine were extremely hard to balance.Tyres are on the softer side for summer tyres, for 9000 about 25% of the thread is gone and if this is symmetrical in time they'll last 25-30k km which is not too much . My greatest concern is the thread pattern of these tyres is such that they look narrower than on paper. Visually 255 Michelins look wider than 265 Pirelli Scorpions, pretty annoying for me.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2022 GLS 450 SUV / 2020 BMW X5 X40I
I picked up my order back in march I have the same rims and love them!
2017 GLE350 4Matic
- Selenite grey
- Black MB Tex
- Black headliner
- 20'in 5 Spoke Wheels
- Panoramic Roof
- Illuminated Star
- Magic Vision Control
- Natural Grain Brown Ash Wood
- Mb-Tex and stitching wrapped Upper Dashboard and - upper door panels
- Wood/Leather steering wheel
- Premium 2 Package
- Heated Rear Seats
- Three Zone Climate Control
- Parking Assistance Package
- AIRMATIC Suspension
- MultiContour Seats w/massage feature
Old 08-07-2017, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 350 4Matic
congrats.
I'm picking my 350 with P3 this weekend. lunar blue with saddle brown interior.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG 43 GLE SUV, BMW 750i
Which silver is this - the Diamond silver or Iridium silver?

Which interior do you have? We're thinking of possibly the Crystal Grey leather interior and wondering how that combo will look with either of the silvers.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:30 PM

GLE
Originally Posted by rocky12
Which silver is this - the Diamond silver or Iridium silver?

Which interior do you have? We're thinking of possibly the Crystal Grey leather interior and wondering how that combo will look with either of the silvers.
Iridium silver with black leather. The website makes the Iridium silver look darker than it really is. The Diamond is more blue than silver. The light grey might actually look okay with it but I like a dark interior personally.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-55amg
I agree with Yavor on the Pirellis, I have a GLE 43 and I’ve had nothing but problems with them in balancing, and ride quality. We have had our Mercedes dealer perform Roadforce balance several times and finally a real expert at the art of high speed balancing try to fix the issues. I will never ever use Pirelli tire again. The expert found the tires have several uneven places within the treads. I found this out too late to have them replaced. ( around 11800 miles).
Old 11-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic, 2019 GLS 450 4Matic
Originally Posted by nvsocr7
If you think Continental is bad, I am thinking Dunlop may be worse. My CPO 2016 GLE 350 came with new "MO" Dunlop tires with a treadwear rating of 200--- I am not at all impressed with that. I don't believe in all my years of driving I've ever seen a tire rated that low and am expecting maybe 2 years out of the tires when quality tires for similar price ranges are easily over 600 meaning 3 times the treadwear!

If it weren't for the economics, I almost considered pulling the Dunlops off just to keep Micheling or anything else on for a longer time. I would rather have the severe snow/winter traction rated tires (mountain/snowflake symbol) tires so I wouldn't have to store and rotate a whole set of tires anyway. I have a friend with a ML350 and he is completely happy with Michelin tires which handle very well in Wisconsin winters.