Sponsored By:

Multicontour seat regrets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Multicontour seat regrets?

I live in Texas but a car I have a deposit on is in New York. Seems to have everything I want in it. It does have multicontour seats, which I have never sat in... I’ve looked for a car with them locally for the past year and have come up empty. Because of the distance I will have to purchase without driving it. Anyone with multicontour seats not like them?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
I have them.Just don't expect too much from the massage seats.
If you ever actually sat/used a regular massage chair,you'd see that the center back only has a thin layer of material so that the rollers can get in there to really do a good job at massaging your back.
The Mercedes seats have a good deal of padding in them.You aren't going to feel those rollers anywhere near as strong as in a regular massage chair.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 GLS 450 2017 E300 Sport
Originally Posted by jester1
I have them.Just don't expect too much from the massage seats.
If you ever actually sat/used a regular massage chair,you'd see that the center back only has a thin layer of material so that the rollers can get in there to really do a good job at massaging your back.
The Mercedes seats have a good deal of padding in them.You aren't going to feel those rollers anywhere near as strong as in a regular massage chair.
Unlike the massage chairs which have rollers, the Mercedes massage seats have air pockets that inflate/deflate. I have them in my E300 but not in my wife's GLS and she is very jealous. We especially like the active seat function in turns/bumps. Her next GLS will definitely have active multi contour seats. Definitely worth it IMO.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes GLE 350d 4Matic
The GLE multicontour seats are not active in turns. I have them and don't regret ordering at all. The massage feature is nice, I use it quite often, after a long working day it is relaxing. Apart from the massage the multicontour seats have more adjustment options than the regular once I think. Still they are quite an expensive option in my country at least. The only option I somehow regret is not ordering the 21'' wheels because they are really expensive if you want to buy them separately.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 43
I love mine. Plenty of adjustments to make them comfortable and I use the massage function almost daily.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
My wife actually passed on the AMG43 GLE because she did not like the bolsters.

We got her ventilated and heated. She is very happy and does not regret the choice.

She just felt the 43 and multicontour were too sporty, plus the exhaust was louder.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
Originally Posted by rgiorgio
plus the exhaust was louder.

Did she think that when driving in comfort Mode?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Yes, we didnt card for the 43. The 4matic she got cost the same, just a different style of comfort and riving. She doesnt even use sport mode in the current 4matic