Sponsored By:

Air Suspension 2017 GLE 43 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLE 43 AMG
Question Air Suspension 2017 GLE 43 AMG

Hello, Recently the mal function light came on the instrument panel showing that the suspension was not operating. The handling and ride of the car became terrible. Took it to a mechanic who ran a diagnostic check on it and it showed that the driver side rear sensor had failed. Upon further check it indicated that the valve that distributes air to each wheel had failed. I purchased a new OEM valve and installed it yesterday. That was a straight forward swap.

After some time all things looked to have gone back to normal, and then the mal function light on the dash came on again. Hooked it up to the scanner and it had no faults but it asked to set or re-set the degree's for each corner. That is what thru me off. What are the degree's? Only thing I have been able to find is that there is a variance between degrees. But no where saying or showing as to what the correct degrees are to be entered into the computer for this model.

When i push to button on the center console to raise or lower the car it will flash and a message comes on the display saying to not drive faster than 12 MPH. Everything seems to be working but I am not sure as to if there is a factory "default" setting that is automatically goes in to affect when this valve is replace or just what to do next or do nothing and let it sort itself out.

Not sure if this makes any sense to anyone.

Last edited by hemigtx; 12-12-2023 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:40 AM

Received 113 Likes on 96 Posts
16 GLE400 4matic
I went through this on my E55. I don't know what the default range is on the W166.. I think your talking about the Airmatic level calibration incline angle parameters? i think the front axle incline angle should be 4.1 degree to 9.0 degree and the rear axle incline angle should be from -1.8 degree to 2.5 degree. Someone can shine some light.

Here is a video on a Airmatic for Level calibration go to 1:19 in the video.

Last edited by amusa; 12-18-2023 at 04:44 AM.