GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Please help with issues I"m having with my 2017 GLE 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE350 4MATIC, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
Please help with issues I"m having with my 2017 GLE 350

I've had my 2017 GLE 350 for 6 weeks now and I need help with the following. (96,000 miles now)
1. SOS is inoperativee
2. The blind sport sensor is inoperative....it works in the first few minutes of starting the car, then the warning light will come on...
subsequently, the turn signal light will work for a few minutes, then the turn signal lights will stop working until I turn off the car and restart...the cycle begins again.
It seems to come on faster when I'm on the freeway.
3. The car's interior smells musty, like there is water penetration....where should I check for a possible water pool?
4. I would like to upgrade the headlights from halogen to a "white" light ...how can I achieve this?
5. I have a lane-changing option that vibrates when you cross roadway lines without using a turn signal...
QUESTION, ....Is it possible to upgrade this to the type that pulls the car back in the lane if you try to cross a line without
using the turn signal.

thank you in advance!
Old 06-07-2024, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 BMW X5, 2018 GLE 350
Originally Posted by d2Benz
I've had my 2017 GLE 350 for 6 weeks now and I need help with the following. (96,000 miles now)
1. SOS is inoperativee
2. The blind sport sensor is inoperative....it works in the first few minutes of starting the car, then the warning light will come on...
subsequently, the turn signal light will work for a few minutes, then the turn signal lights will stop working until I turn off the car and restart...the cycle begins again.
3. The car's interior smells musty, like there is water penetration....where should I check for a possible water pool?
4. I would like to upgrade the headlights from halogen to a "white" light ...how can I achieve this?
5. I have a lane-changing option that vibrates when you cross roadway lines without using a turn signal...
QUESTION, ....Is it possible to upgrade this to the type that pulls the car back in the lane if you try to cross a line without
using the turn signal.

thank you in advance!

Check out https://www.lasfit.com/ for the headlights. Just got them, gives that nice factory look.
The following users liked this post:
d2Benz (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 05:18 PM

2017 GLE350 4MATIC, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
Originally Posted by emerza
Check out https://www.lasfit.com/ for the headlights. Just got them, gives that nice factory look.
Thanks!
emerza (06-12-2024)
Old 06-09-2024, 08:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,913 Likes on 3,081 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
1. SOS is inoperativee
using the turn signal.

thank you in advance!
1, 2 and 3 suggest this is a flood car. Is it a flood car? Look under the carpets and under the front seats to search for signs of water. Look at all fuse boxes and search for corroded terminals.

Replace both batteries: main (under the passenger front seat) and auxiliary (probably under the carpet under the left rear seat). Click the DIY in my signature for the procedures.

4. Many posts on this site.

5. No.

Because you are a new owner, you may not be aware that there is a large quantity of solutions for you posted on this site. Prioritize your list and spend a couple of hours researching your options. They are here on this site for you.
d2Benz (06-09-2024)
Old 06-09-2024, 08:48 AM

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
2016 GLE 300d 4-Matic
1. SOS is inoperativee
thank you in advance!
1. Are you referring to the little button on the upper console? If so, the wireless service that these use was taken out of service a year or two ago. There are posts in the forum about it (search for 3G).
2. Do you, by any chance, have something plugged into the trailer hitch connector? If so, that disables the blind spot monitor. Have you checked to see if there are fault codes stored? Those could help guide you to a fix.
3. There are several older posts in the forum about smells from the air conditioning system inside the vehicle, and how to fix it. There are also numerous Youtube videos about this issue.

Last edited by John Ha; 06-09-2024 at 09:15 AM.
d2Benz (06-09-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 02:28 PM

2017 GLE-350 4Matic
Originally Posted by John Ha
1. Are you referring to the little button on the upper console? If so, the wireless service that these use was taken out of service a year or two ago. There are posts in the forum about it (search for 3G).
I am the 2017 GLE 350 owner as well. All three buttons on the upper console are oparable. So I dont think topic starter's issue is related to the 3G discontinuation.