Sponsored By:

Mercedes dealer experience SF bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE 350
Mercedes dealer experience SF bay area

I live in SF bay area and go to Stevens creek Mercedes dealer for my old car 2016. This is a very strange experience in this Mercedes dealer and not sure if anyone sees the same.

1. During service maintenance, technician will post a video about areas that need to pay attention. The service advisor will provide estimate to address these issues. However, I found many times, advisor has conflict advise than technician. For example, one time technician was mentioning brake pads are at 5/6mm and looks ok. When advisor follows up, immediately wants me to replace 4 brake pads and saying pad is down to 3mm. When I confront the advisor (I actually know and measure myself), advisor changes story and saying it is ok.

2. When advisor gives estimate, it never gives an exact labor, hours, parts cost. When I ask for it, advisor just not answer my questions and want me to take it or do next time.

I like to know if this is just this advisor or this is the same for all advisors in this dealership. I always compare labor and parts cost with other certified shops. I go to dealership sometimes when they really have a good deal to attract me (service A for $140). I understand dealership usually charge more compare to other 3rd party shops and up to me to decide if I pay more for convenience or not, but sometimes I feel these advisors are taking advantage to anyone that has no idea on their cars and take whatever they suggest for the repair. There is no transparency on the pricing. Some quotes seem reasonable, some are ridiculous. I still don't know how much Stevens Creek Mercedes dealer charge for labor per hour. Even though I have doubt, I see service department is usually packed on all the days I come in(both new and old cars). It makes me wonder if I have a bad advisor or too many rich people just don't care about thousands of dollars repair on their cars.