Notices
GLE Class (W167) 2020 - present

GLE issues

Old 06-19-2019, 02:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
S550 4Matic
Greg, did it remember all your settings when you had to reboot?
Old 06-19-2019, 02:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 GLE 450 (eventually)
Originally Posted by Bubba3 View Post
Great question.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
So car would turn on, but not start. MBUX working. Multiple error messages - "Blind Spot Assist inoperative," "Parking brake," "Malfunction - see Owner's manual." Jump start did nothing. Disconnecting and reconnecting battery got it started again (when in doubt, reboot!). At the dealer now; will report back. Hopefully, just a software issue.
Hope it’s nothing serious!
I had a passing thought that this could happen to me the day mine didn’t shut down after I opened the door. It only happened once but nothing worked until I turned it back on and then shut it off again. The engine wasn’t running but it stayed in accessory mode. Remember that there were around 30,000 parked in Alabama for a rumored electrical problem. Computers.....

Last edited by Ron.s; 06-19-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 192 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bubba3 View Post
No, I don't think so. Not seat at least. Dash configuration was correct and my profile was still present. Will check when I get it back.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New GLE is down

Pulled over to make a call and car wonít restart. Multiple error messages. Tried key in emergency position. Roadside coming. Grrr.
So car would turn on, but not start. MBUX working. Multiple error messages - "Blind Spot Assist inoperative," "Parking brake," "Malfunction - see Owner's manual." Jump start did nothing. Disconnecting and reconnecting battery got it started again (when in doubt, reboot!). At the dealer now; will report back. Hopefully, just a software issue.
Update: "Voltage issue - they're working on it." Did get a brand new bare bones GLE 350 as a loaner. The 350 is not as bad as I imagined. Reasonable pickup and steel spring suspension firm, but not too much. Engine sounds a little coarse compared to the six, naturally.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 GLE 450 (eventually)
Update: "Voltage issue - they're working on it." Did get a brand new bare bones GLE 350 as a loaner. The 350 is not as bad as I imagined. Reasonable pickup and steel spring suspension firm, but not too much. Engine sounds a little coarse compared to the six, naturally.
Hopefully they get it squared away quickly.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE 350
maybe not a technical issue, but a minor annoyance - in the rain the front radar sensors seem to get "dirty" so the car automatically cuts off the crash avoidance system
Old 06-20-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2016 GLE63s Coupe
Not a new thing with the radar, my '12 ML63 did the same thing... heavy rain and a lot of stuff says disabled... but comes right back when the rain lets up....
Old 06-20-2019, 02:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GLE 450 on order
Sucks. Hope you get your car back soon.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2009, 2012 ml, 2016 gle, 2020 mia
...and my 2016 does the same thing w/ enough light dust
Old 06-20-2019, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dead GLE 450

Pulled over to make a call and car won’t restart. Multiple error messages. Tried key in emergency position. Roadside coming. Grrr.
Update 6/19: "Voltage issue - they're working on it." Did get a brand new bare bones GLE 350 as a loaner. The 350 is not as bad as I imagined. Reasonable pickup and steel spring suspension firm, but not too much. Engine sounds a little coarse compared to the six, naturally.
Update 6/20: They're still doing diagnostics. They've opened what the call a CAS Case to work with the MB engineers. Adviser says it's related to voltage and continues to think it's something minor.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
various
Originally Posted by cnnn View Post
Rainy day. Found another issue today. The windshield wiper keeps hitting the frame on the driver side.
This has happened on every new Mercedes Iíve owned since 2009!
Old 06-21-2019, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A220
Originally Posted by quattrogmbh View Post
This has happened on every new Mercedes Iíve owned since 2009!
I had this on my new A220 from a few weeks ago. They replaced the wiper arm and made "adjustments". It doesn't do it anymore.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New GLE is down

Pulled over to make a call and car won’t restart. Multiple error messages. Tried key in emergency position. Roadside coming. Grrr.
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon;
Update 6/19: "Voltage issue - they're working on it." Did get a brand new bare bones GLE 350 as a loaner. The 350 is not as bad as I imagined. Reasonable pickup and steel spring suspension firm, but not too much. Engine sounds a little coarse compared to the six, naturally.
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon;
Update 6/20: They're still doing diagnostics. They've opened a case to work with the MB engineers. Adviser says it's related to voltage and continues to think it's something minor.
Update from dealer 6/21: "We have gone as far as we can with it. Mercedes Benz will advise us on the next steps. We are awaiting information from Mercedes Benz on how to proceed with the repair. There is an open “PTSS” case which involves Mercedes Benz repair team. I am sure we will have the vehicle for most of next week. As soon as I get anymore information I will update you. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has called. Please continue to use the loaner as your own. Have a great weekend!" Grrr,....

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 06-28-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:30 PM

2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by Tim Hatton View Post
I'm havig a ton of issues with keyless go not "locking" doors. After a service call they think the keys are going to sleep and not waking up. Sure enough, if I just up and down before I try to lock the doors at the handle IT WORKS. So, how many of you out there are having to jump up and down to lock your doors!? This is rediculous.
I had tried this before by shaking the key instead of jumping up and down and it worked every time. Itís crazy but I repeated the shaking several times in the last week. Door wonít lock....back up & take key fob from pocket- shake it and hold as far from car as possible while stretching with other hand to unlock. Works without fail??. I donít know how the key fob can go to sleep when itís been in use a few minutes earlier, maybe the fob is defective. I keep forgetting to switch with my wife to see if hers works any different.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
I had tried this before by shaking the key instead of jumping up and down and it worked every time. Itís crazy but I repeated the shaking several times in the last week. Door wonít lock....back up & take key fob from pocket- shake it and hold as far from car as possible while stretching with other hand to unlock. Works without fail??. I donít know how the key fob can go to sleep when itís been in use a few minutes earlier, maybe the fob is defective. I keep forgetting to switch with my wife to see if hers works any different.
Have not had that issue (but mine is worse!).
Old 06-21-2019, 10:37 PM

2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by RWR View Post
I tried RainX on my 2012 ML...the chatter was unbelievable ! I replaced the blades still chattered. Then I used 0000 steel wool and cleaned the glass and no chatter. My MB service tech said the RainX does something to the rubber in the blades and thus the problem.
Mine chattered from day one and after I tried Rain X there was no difference and no improvement after driving two days in mostly rain. Applied an alcohol wash after soap and water to remove the Rain X. Tonight I did the Steel Wool and could feel resistance so hope that works. There was something sticky on my windshield even after several hand washes and numerous windex washes. I’m wondering if some glue residue from the shipping material remained on the windshield.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:41 PM

2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Have not had that issue (but mine is worse!).
Agreed....After all of your long delay and contribution here you deserve better. I have annoyances but for the most part a perfect car....so far.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wiper issues

Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
Mine chattered from day one and after I tried Rain X there was no difference and no improvement after driving two days in mostly rain. Applied an alcohol wash after soap and water to remove the Rain X. Tonight I did the Steel Wool and could feel resistance so hope that works. There was something sticky on my windshield even after several hand washes and numerous windex washes. Iím wondering if some glue residue from the shipping material remained on the windshield.
I am against RainX on the windshield. It works for a short time if you drive fast, but as soon as you need to use the wipers the problem starts. Have not had any issues with our wipers yet, but we're in sunny (this time of year) Oregon!
Old 06-22-2019, 07:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ON ORDER: 2020 GLE 450
RainX is crap which will eventually eat through plastic / rubber / silicone and cause it to deteriorate. It is very possible that you dealer has washed the vehicle prior to delivery, and has covered it with either the latter or some other type of repellent and hence the initial chatter. At least that was my case with a few vehicles I took delivery of in the past. Had to wash the windshield & wipers thoroughly and manually, chatter was always gone afterwards.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 Audi S5 Sportback
My wife just called (I'm at work) and reports that she had trouble getting the car started earlier and now she's got a flashing "engine light" and the car is shaking.

One week old today...looks like we're headed back to the dealer
Old 06-22-2019, 11:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by audi40 View Post
My wife just called (I'm at work) and reports that she had trouble getting the car started earlier and now she's got a flashing "engine light" and the car is shaking.

Sorry to hear that...
Old 06-22-2019, 02:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Too many
Originally Posted by audi40 View Post

sorry to hear that, hope they can fix it quick. please keep us updated
Old 06-22-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Too many

This happened few times last week. after restart my car fews times, get fixed by itself. So far don't know what caused that.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Originally Posted by ShrimpKing View Post
sorry to hear that, hope they can fix it quick. please keep us updated
Diagnosed as a "random misfire" - said they cleared the code and it's all fixed.

Going to pick it up shortly - fingers crossed, but was not fun to see this earlier today:

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLE issues

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: