GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MB-Tex Upholsteries for GLE43 AMG Full SUV Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLE43W4
MB-Tex Upholsteries for GLE43 AMG Full SUV Question

Hello All,

After seeing several issues regarding MB-Tex (111 Black; 114 Espresso Brown; 115 Ginger Beige) I was trying to change the 111 Black MB-Tex to 121 Black MB-Tex. Can someone please verify if I select 121 Black MB-Tex that I cannot select Night Package? Also I was told if I select 121 Black MB-Tex, I have to go with the standard 775 AMG 20 inch wheels (not the optional 686 AMG 21 inch wheels I wanted). I'm getting conflicting answers from dealerships.

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I would suggest to you - at this stage - you are looking to finalize your build-spec - the reason I say "build-to-buy" is that you're into it - and there are specific options you want - and specific options you don't want.

Current "open/changeable" build slots - to build exactly what you want - currently March 2nd decade which will close/lock-down this next weekend. Next week you will be in March 3rd decade.

Focus on the dealer/salesperson most convenient to you - and the objective is to have a build-spec-sheet from that salesperson to make your decision.

Frankly - if you are flustered "loose-perforated-MBTex" based on three/four recent posts - and NONE of my GLE customers have not had that issue - if it happened to you it would be taken care of under MB new car warranty.

So - if "loose" scares you - then you need to make a choice between 111-interior/with-Night-Package - or 121-interior/no-night-package - your personal "choice" in wheels/786 is possible either way.

NetStar Build Sheet is a NetStar Build Sheet - there is no confusion - it's Black-N-White.

Now - if you require All-Season Tires - then you need to go with 775 20" wheels - all 21's have High Performance Tires w/summer-like-tread - so you know.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 AMG GLE43; 2015 Audi SQ5, 2011 BMW X5
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I would suggest to you - at this stage - you are looking to finalize your build-spec - the reason I say "build-to-buy" is that you're into it - and there are specific options you want - and specific options you don't want.

Current "open/changeable" build slots - to build exactly what you want - currently March 2nd decade which will close/lock-down this next weekend. Next week you will be in March 3rd decade.

Focus on the dealer/salesperson most convenient to you - and the objective is to have a build-spec-sheet from that salesperson to make your decision.

Frankly - if you are flustered "loose-perforated-MBTex" based on three/four recent posts - and NONE of my GLE customers have not had that issue - if it happened to you it would be taken care of under MB new car warranty.

So - if "loose" scares you - then you need to make a choice between 111-interior/with-Night-Package - or 121-interior/no-night-package - your personal "choice" in wheels/786 is possible either way.

NetStar Build Sheet is a NetStar Build Sheet - there is no confusion - it's Black-N-White.

Now - if you require All-Season Tires - then you need to go with 775 20" wheels - all 21's have High Performance Tires w/summer-like-tread - so you know.
Actually your information is incorrect on the wheels. Not sure where your location is but on US builds you get all season rubber on the 21's. I just took delivery and they have all season tires.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLE43W4
I was only able to select summer tires. All season was an option in the DOG but when i selected all season with the 21 inch wheels, MB called back and said 21s are only wrapped in summer tires. Thats why my PO shows summer.
Attached Thumbnails MB-Tex Upholsteries for GLE43 AMG Full SUV Question-photo574.jpg  
Old 02-13-2017, 08:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
GL 450 W4, GLE 350 W4

fabbrisd1- Regarding the loose upholstery I would advise differently as the new car warranty is NOT covering this as of now. You may get random dealers to replace seat covers, but that is not rectifying the situation in most cases. I am in the process of preparing a law suit against MB USA as they refuse to own this & they will not even put in writing that they will not rectify it! I can only get ocasional phone calls back with excuses from MB USA a week or so after my emails. First my advise at this point as a long time MB owner would be check out Audi, Porsche, Lexus or Acura as the culture of customer service has changed for the worse at Mercedes Benz.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please understand your problem - with your MB dealer - is not necessarily indicative of the level of service you would receive at another MB dealer..
Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
GL 450 W4, GLE 350 W4
Please understand your problem - with your MB dealer - is not necessarily indicative of the level of service you would receive at another MB dealer..
This is not from my dealer- This poor level of service/ownership of the defect is directly from MB USA corporate!