GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just ordered a 2017 GLE43 C4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Just ordered a 2017 GLE43 C4

Hopefully I'm not missing anything. I thought the 21" wheels were large enough. Any suggestions to add or delete? Thanks
992-Selenite Grey
224 Saddle Brown/Black Leather
H09 Natural Grain Brown Ash Wood
P03 Premium 3 Package
P21 Air Ionization with Air Filter
SPC Special Order
068 Wheel Locking Bolts
293 Rear Side Airbags
399 Active Multicontour Front Seats with Massage Feature
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
51U Black Roof Liner
581 3-Zone Automatic Climate Control
684 21" AMG Twin 5-Spoke wheels w/ Black Accents
810 Harman/Kardon Sound System w?Dolby 5.1
866 Pre-Wiring for Rear Seat Entertainment
874 Magic Vision Control
883 Soft Close Doors
892 Lockable Rear Compartment
980 Accessory Chrome Package
996 Parking Assist Package: Parking Pilot, Surround View System
Old 03-04-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Nice build! I was going to suggest the Lockable Rear Compartment, but I see you already have that. Here are a few ideas. Have you considered the Active Curve System? The 21" wheels give you a higher sidewall, thereby increasing body lean around curves. This makes the ACS even more preferable. Also, the 21" wheels come with all-season Bridgestones. Being in FL, you definitely won't need all-season tires. The 22" Twin 5-spoke wheels come with high performance Pirelli tires. They have a softer, stickier rubber compound for enhanced traction and a comfortable ride. I was concerned the larger wheels would give a hard, jarring ride. They don't. Plus, (IMO) the 22's look so much nicer. See attached pic. Also, give some thought to the Laminated acoustic front door glass. It reduces radiant heat and noise penetration.

Everything else looks spot on. You have great taste!
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered a 2017 GLE43 C4-f18ben.jpeg  

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 03-04-2017 at 08:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
F18BEN (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Just curious, why did you go with the premium 3 package?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:31 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
I can't answer for F18BEN, but I also have the Premium 3 package. I can tell you why I ordered it. Safety, safety, safety! I don't look at these as frivolous amenities. They're safety features. I tend to get any and every safety feature available on every car I buy. Don't care to end up a paraplegic one day, wishing I'd spent an extra $2,250 on a safety package. What's a few extra K if it can potentially save your life (or that of your passengers) one day?

Distance Pilot DISTRONIC and Steering Pilot -

This radar-based cruise control adapts your set speed to the flow of traffic ahead, automatically slowing until your path is clear again. If the vehicle ahead slows to a stop, DISTRONIC® can brake your car to a full halt. When traffic moves, you can resume with just a tap, or automatically if the stop is under a second. The system's Steering Pilot feature helps the driver keep the vehicle centered in between the lane markings while cruising on straight roads, or even in gentle curves.

Active Brake Assist with cross-traffic function -

At certain in-town driving speeds, radar and advanced cameras scan the area ahead of the vehicle to help detect a potential collision with vehicles approaching from either side of an intersection ahead, or with pedestrians in the car's path. When the driver responds to the system's alert by braking, it precisely applies the maximum brake force required to help prevent such an accident. If it senses that pedestrians have entered in your path, the system can automatically apply the brakes.

PRE-SAFE PLUS -

An enhancement to the groundbreaking PRE-SAFE® system helps protect the occupants in a rear-end collision. A radar sensor in the rear bumper helps detect an impending impact, engaging the features of PRE-SAFE to better prepare the front-seat occupants and their restraint systems. It can also firmly apply and hold the brakes, to help reduce peak loads on all occupants as well as the risk of a secondary collision.

Active Blind Spot Assist -

Radar technology can sense when a vehicle enters the blind-spot area on either side of you, and alerts you by illuminating an icon in the appropriate side mirror. A warning tone sounds and a display appears in the instrument cluster if you activate a turn signal while a vehicle is detected. And if you begin to change lanes, advanced active technology can help guide the car back.

Active Lane Keeping Assist -

With technology that monitors ordinary road markings at most driving speeds, Active Lane Keeping Assist helps detect unintended drifting off-course, and alerts you by vibrating the steering wheel. If you continue to drift, it can selectively brake individual wheels to help guide the car back into its lane. Enhancements help it to detect and alert the driver to overtaking vehicles, vehicles you would need to overtake if you change lanes, and even oncoming traffic in the adjacent lane.

Speed Limit Assist -

Using information from the navigation system's database, Speed Limit Assist can display the published speed limit in the map display of the COMAND screen. This innovative system makes it easier to keep tabs on your driving speed, especially in reduced speed zones. Even if you pass a sign without noticing it, the persisting display helps keep you aware of published speed limits.

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 03-05-2017 at 08:34 AM.
F18BEN (05-19-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
Nice build! I was going to suggest the Lockable Rear Compartment, but I see you already have that. Here are a few ideas. Have you considered the Active Curve System? The 21" wheels give you a higher sidewall, thereby increasing body lean around curves. This makes the ACS even more preferable. Also, the 21" wheels come with all-season Bridgestones. Being in FL, you definitely won't need all-season tires. The 22" Twin 5-spoke wheels come with high performance Pirelli tires. They have a softer, stickier rubber compound for enhanced traction and a comfortable ride. I was concerned the larger wheels would give a hard, jarring ride. They don't. Plus, (IMO) the 22's look so much nicer. See attached pic. Also, give some thought to the Laminated acoustic front door glass. It reduces radiant heat and noise penetration.

Thank You!!!! I chose not to get the ACS and 22" wheels for a few reasons. First off, In 2 or 3 years I will probably give the car to my son in New Jersey. (all season tires). Being 70 years old , I don't drive the car hard and feel it would be a waste of money for me. I'm looking into the laminated front door glass. It sounds interesting. I appreciate your suggestions.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Sube was right on target. Safety, Safety, Safety.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:23 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
I hear ya. I'm sure your son will be very appreciative.
F18BEN (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I agree too. I've had all of the safety features since our '10 E class and every MB since then. I thought the GLE was like the some of the other MBs I've been looking at and a lot make you add P3 package if you want the good headlights. When I ordered my 400 (43s were not an option) you had to order the upgrade headlights separately but now I thought they packaged them together with the P3 but apparently not for the GLE. That's why I asked why you ordered the P3 package because I thought you wanted one small item within the larger package.
On a side note...
Since I ordered, I've learned that MB packages the upgrade headlights with the more expensive packages with adaptive cruise because MB wants to sale more of the adaptive cruises to get people used to the new cruise control systems. That came straight out of the mouth of an MB representative who researches and designs how MB puts the packages together. Apparently manufacturers are trying to move us to autonomous driving.

Last edited by BACnMercedes; 03-05-2017 at 10:14 AM.
F18BEN (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic
The Active LED headlights were part of package 2 on my 17 GLE350
Old 03-06-2017, 10:42 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
The packages are completely different for the GLE350 and GLE43 Coupe. Active LED headlights are standard on the latter.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:22 AM

Thanks again, I just added the Laminated Acoustic Front Glass. You were correct...
Old 03-06-2017, 03:17 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by F18BEN
Thanks again, I just added the Laminated Acoustic Front Glass. You were correct...
F18BEN (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 AMG GLE43; 2015 Audi SQ5, 2011 BMW X5
Agree! it does make a difference in the cabin quietness for sure.
F18BEN (03-06-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG 43 GLE SUV, BMW 750i
Multi-contour seat question?

For the GLE 43 SUV, does anyone know if the multi-contour seat includes that extra part of seat that fits under the thigh forward of the main bottom of the seat, and is able to move forward and back? We have had that in our BMW 7 series and my wife loves it. I was told by the Mercedes salesman that it is NOT part of that option on any of the GLEs and only comes on some other MB models.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:32 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by rocky12
For the GLE 43 SUV, does anyone know if the multi-contour seat includes that extra part of seat that fits under the thigh forward of the main bottom of the seat, and is able to move forward and back?
I'm familiar with that seat extension, as I had it in my last car. None of the GLE models have it. In fact, I haven't seen it in any other MB models either.