GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

GLE Coupe Adventures | 5 | Colorado Springs Playing in the Deep Snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 10:32 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
GLE 63S
GLE Coupe Adventures | 5 | Colorado Springs Playing in the Deep Snow

GLE Coupe Adventures: Colorado Springs Playing in the Deep Snow - Like a Boss - Colorado Springs Schubarth Path

In Colorado Springs I took the family through an amazing experience. We took Schubarths Loop. We went on Trail 307 to 311 across to 311A and to 313 and back to 307.

WARNING! Highly don't recommend 311A because of the uphill ice. I was 10 meters from the top of a huge hill but some people tore up the top and causes huge rivits in the road. I would have cracked my entire radiator if I kept the momentum. Other than being winched up the 10 meters, the GLE Coupe handled like a Complete Boss on the entire complex trail. A G wagon wouldn't have had clearance in places we passed through. We went through huge boulders with a milimeter to spare on both sides.

Off-roading with a Mercedes is NOT for the faint of heart, especially on a financial level. If you don't know what you are doing or just unlucky, I'm sure it will cost a bundle to fix and a bundle more to get out of remote areas if your vehicle was disabled. I equate it to the excitement of AMG Academy but in slow motion. Always have a partner, all supplies, and a winch.

A view of the US Air Force Academy and their Isometric Chapel

The Pirelli Scorpion winter tires performed like no other on snow. Another Jeep off-roader was impressed with them. 30degree angle on ice was a different story, but that's way past the points of the laws of physics. I wish I had a winch on the front of the vehicle. Not a single scratch underneath the vehicle even with so much off camber rocks and areas.

PPF was amazing. My side view mirror bumped a tree limb. No scratches. Can't promote Xpel PPF enough. It's amazing.

The photos and video will never show how exciting everything is and how steep the angles were. Even the Off Road Jeeps have to winch out of some of these places.

Low Quality Dashcam Timelapse

Last edited by Twilighthan; 10-11-2020 at 09:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Anotherone (10-19-2020)