GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Polar White vs Moonlight White Metallic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 05:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Polar White vs Moonlight White Metallic?

Trying to decide which color to go with for a 25 GLE63.

Besides personal preference, is there any pro/con to either one? I looked at both at my local dealer (on other cars, not a GLE) and wasn’t really able to tell the difference between the two. But they weren’t side by side either. I can see a tiny bit of metallic flakes in the moonlight but nothing that really stands out a lot.
Old 07-23-2024, 06:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2021 F150 Limited
This color choice was the hardest decision we had when building our 2025 GLE 450. My wife couldn’t tell a huge difference either so we went with polar white and put that money towards other add-ons.
The following users liked this post:
GreenFox (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Bigcitydallas
This color choice was the hardest decision we had when building our 2025 GLE 450. My wife couldn’t tell a huge difference either so we went with polar white and put that money towards other add-ons.
I'll bet there's more difference in low light conditions. Did you do some viewing in the evening?
Old 07-23-2024, 06:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE 63s Coupé
I had a GLE Coupe, but order a GT43 for the wife. We feel Moonlight White is the superior color. It’s the “shimmer” that makes the difference. My last GLE has Obsidian Black and there is a big difference over standard black. I no have Emerald Green and I’m never going b(l)ack!

Old 07-23-2024, 08:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by j_house_
I had a GLE Coupe, but order a GT43 for the wife. We feel Moonlight White is the superior color. It’s the “shimmer” that makes the difference. My last GLE has Obsidian Black and there is a big difference over standard black. I no have Emerald Green and I’m never going b(l)ack!
I did go back and take another look at the two colors side by side. In my eyes, the Polar White seemed to have a slight yellow base/tint to it, whereas the Moonlight White Metallic did have a nice shimmer to it when looking at it close up. Although in super bright sunlight, from 20 feet away, I still have a hard time telling the difference.

I think I’m going to go with the Moonlight White Metallic but am going to try and look at them both in the evening first to see how they look in lower light conditions.
Old 07-23-2024, 09:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
‘23 AMG 53
Talking

Originally Posted by GreenFox
I did go back and take another look at the two colors side by side. In my eyes, the Polar White seemed to have a slight yellow base/tint to it, whereas the Moonlight White Metallic did have a nice shimmer to it when looking at it close up. Although in super bright sunlight, from 20 feet away, I still have a hard time telling the difference.

I think I’m going to go with the Moonlight White Metallic but am going to try and look at them both in the evening first to see how they look in lower light conditions.
Metallic brother…go with metallic ftw.