GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Canadian GLK 350 Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML-350 BT
Canadian GLK 350 Info

Had a good “chat” with my dealer yesterday and here is what I found out about the Canadian GLKs:
  • Only the GLK 350 will offered this year. There is no plans for introducing a different model this year. However, some items will only be available mid-year (at least June '09)
  • Exterior – standard chrome package but the roof rack is black. Front end will have a 2-slat grill. Rain sensor wipers are standard.
  • Interior – aluminum trim (as part of the interior chrome package – not certain if this includes the sports pedals like on the C-Class) will be standard with the two other wood trims available mid-year. 10-way power seats with black ARTICO as standard. Almond beige ARTICO will available mi-year. Heated front seats are also standard. As far as leather seating, it includes a Alpaca Grey version as well as a Sahara Beige. Like for ARTICO, the Almond, Beige leather will only be available later. Leather seating includes the interior lighting package. Standard AUX input in glove compartment.
  • Option Packages. Premium Package (PARKTRONIC, garage door opener, compass, memory seats and steering wheel, power tailgate), Sports Package (20 inch wheels and aluminum roof rack), Command Navigation Package (required for Media Interface – 3 cables in glove compartment), and Bi-Xenon headlamp Package.

I wish we could find a Canadian ordering guide to confirm and see the details.

Last edited by emesap43; 11-09-2008 at 07:42 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM

BMW 325iX Sport Wagon, Range Rover
Interior "chrome" package does not seem right. Did you mean interior "sport" package? Only official USA brochure being handed out by dealers shows car with burle wood dash. Brushed Aluminum only for first six months would be selling to minority of buyers.

I thought 350 Sport, no off road, was single offering for USA initially? What about shift paddles?

Two slat grille no issue. Shara Beige/black leather no issue for majority market. Yes some would like almond.

Don't get exterior chrome package with black roof rails?? Again, USA print brochure shows aluminum rails.

My dealer has clamed up. Did not follow thru on email of order sheet for dealers first units.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 AM

2012 ML-350 BT
I reviewed my notes and indeed the "Chrome Package" is for the exterior. Not certain what it's called, but the first Canadian vehicles will come standard with Aluminum trim.

I am with you on the black roof rail...

I do not remember hearing anything about shift paddles. Will ask on next visit.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:43 AM

MBUSA site has a new, almost final release level online guide for GLK. Prices for packages and options are listed with price and explanation. No base price given for actual vehicle yet.

No mention of interior sport package or shift paddles that are mentioned in Euro brochures and pre-release press.

All USA GLKs std with exterior chrome package, but galleries show aluminum and black roof rails. Confusing. Exterior chrome package with black roof rails makes not sense. Black roof rails with some colors just does not work and car will be identified as "early" less attractive units.

Interior pictures show wood and aluminum dash trim. Again this is the newest official MBUSA site info with prices, for the first time. The small "print" brochure for GLK being handed out at dealers only shows wood trim interior. Go figure.

MBUSA has said GLK will be at LA Auto Show, end of November.

It would be typical, but a disappointment if MB does not launch this car with all the best options for USA day #1. I am ready to buy now, but will not buy a less than full option car.

Last edited by MtnMachine; 11-10-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Update from SoCal GLK dealer training.

Dealer reports that it does appear that only interior trim for first six months is the aluminum, not wood.
Dealer reports that shift paddles were not seen or discussed in training.
Dealer did not remember hearing anything about black vs aluminum roof rails.
Only wheel choice shown was 19" 10 spoke std, or seven spoke 20s, as seen in post pictures from Fresno dealer training.

Dealer said that the car had more than usual std features, was impressive to drive and details on what will be offered in January are subject to change between now and then.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:30 PM

MBUSA.com update.

Aluminum roof rails are part of exterior trim package description and price at MBUSA.com

No mention of Wood interior trim or steering wheel shift paddles for USA, at this time, at MBUSA.com .
Old 11-21-2008, 11:48 AM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
Base Price...

I heard on 680 News yesterday that the base price for this model will be roughly $41,000, which seems like a solid deal - fully equipped with all bells and whistels, under 50k.

Reviewer gave the GLK 350 a 9 / 10.