GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK First drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 E320
GLK First drive

Just wanted to say I had my first experience in a GLK yestderday. A truly amazing vehicle. Benz didn't miss the boat on this one. Please feel free to check out my blog posting at mybenzguy.com/blog. I will have more photos and part 2 of the event up later today.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:51 PM

BMW 325iX Sport Wagon, Range Rover
Nice blog benzguy.

What about three items:
1. Wood trim availability in January?
2. Paddle Shifter interior sport pack? Not shown on MBUSA.com list
3. The white GLK on your Blog had 5 point star twin fork 20" wheels, but MBUSA site only snows the 7 spoke 20s. Are the Five point star 20 on order list for January? They are on the Euro option list.

Appreciate the info.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:55 PM

'09 SL550; '09 GL550; '11 E550
GLK Edition 1 model ???

Originally Posted by mybenzguy
Just wanted to say I had my first experience in a GLK yestderday. A truly amazing vehicle. Benz didn't miss the boat on this one. Please feel free to check out my blog posting at mybenzguy.com/blog. I will have more photos and part 2 of the event up later today.

Nice write up but would like to know if the special "Edition 1" model will be available in the US? MB Europe has sold more than 1k of these so far and I would like to know if this same model will be available here, when it might arrive and what the cost might be. The wheels on your blog were the same as the Edition 1 so maybe this model will be available here.

You can see this car at the following:

http://mercedes-benz-blog.blogspot.c...edition-1.html

As you may already know, Mercedes-Benz has prepared specially for its new mid-SUV GLK-Klasse a special edition, badged 'Edition 1', which will be available when the sales of the model will kick off in the autumn 2008. The GLK Edition 1 features a series of visual enhancements that make the car unique:sporty front and rear aprons, double-pipe exhaust system, 20-inches alloy rims, 3-spoke AMG steering wheel, bi-colour leather upholstery, aluminium trim on the dashboard, special instrument cluster with separated gauges, and not to forget, mud carpets inscriptioned 'Edition 1'. All GLK Edition 1 models feature the Calcitweiss paint finish for the exterior, but customers also have the possibility to choose from a wide range of other colours. The special GLK can be powered by any of the V6 units available.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Nice writeup, Adam. And the price is so right.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by beartrap
The GLK Edition 1 features a series of visual enhancements that make the car unique:....bi-colour leather upholstery, aluminium trim on the dashboard,......
Looking at the DOG posted here, it seems that bi-color leather is going to be available on all. Check page 6 of the PDF.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by mybenzguy

Great Blog! I had no idea that Consumer Reports has started recommending Mercedes-Benzes? Gotta see this in their handwriting for it to even begin to sink in.

M
Old 11-15-2008, 01:11 PM

1994 E320
Answers to questions

Wood trim will be delayed a bit. I cant find the exact date it will be available.
I haven't seen anything about the "sport package" with paddle shifters. I think the paddles are apart of the vehicle standard now.
No details/announcement about Edition 1 vehicle.
The photo I displayed had the upgraded dealer installed wheels. It comes standard with 19" wheels, upgrade in the appearance package to 20" wheels.
I will try to get the rest of my photos posted this weekend with the rest of the write up on it. It is a great vehicle for MB. The demo's should hit dealers in Mid Dec sometime.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:22 PM

1994 E320
Check out the latest Consumer Reports for info on the MB's added.