GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

New GLK Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 325iX Sport Wagon, Range Rover
I did not realize that Canadian's had such a mean streak. You just keep posting those 10 spoke, five point wheels that your south of the border bros must pay a small fortune for. Keep it up. Soon this will be Canadian only forum.

Deposit and order accepted by MB went in today for
Steel Gray, Almond/Black MB Tex, Burl Wood
Prem 1, Parktronic, Lighting Pak, Multi Media Pack,
Appearance Pak, IPod/MP3 Media I/F, Hitch
Heated front seats.

Wood is backed up so build will be last ten days of April, with late May, early June delivery. That is the bad news.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice and experienced responses. Oh, I got $1,500 off MSRP. Not bad for SoCal.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:16 PM

2012 ML-350 BT
Thanks for posting.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by glkowner
some odds & ends
Looking at the pic of your driver's door console, it appears that your GLK has FOLDING MIRRORS !!

Thanks for posting pics of your very cool new ride !
Old 02-15-2009, 02:56 PM

2012 C250 coupe
Originally Posted by DerekACS
Looking at the pic of your driver's door console, it appears that your GLK has FOLDING MIRRORS !!

No folding mirrors. As I know so far, all these early builds have no 2WD, leather, wood trim, folding mirrors or stock wheels.
Attached Thumbnails New GLK Pics-.jpg   New GLK Pics-2.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 PM

GLK350
Originally Posted by DerekACS

Yes it does have the folding mirrors (but no shiny roof rails). The button in the middle is folding mirror button. You can set your mirrrors to fold automatically when the doors lock. Very cool.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Thanks for the feast for the hungry eyes, glkowner Very nice.

Couple questions - is the stainless steel rear bumper plate standard or optional? Is the headrest adjustment manual or power? What is the screen size of the display?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by MtnMachine
Deposit and order accepted by MB went in today for
Steel Gray, Almond/Black MB Tex, Burl Wood
Prem 1, Parktronic, Lighting Pak, Multi Media Pack,
Appearance Pak, IPod/MP3 Media I/F, Hitch
Heated front seats.

Wood is backed up so build will be last ten days of April, with late May, early June delivery. That is the bad news.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice and experienced responses. Oh, I got $1,500 off MSRP. Not bad for SoCal.
Congrats. It will be here soon.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by oknish

Couple questions - is the stainless steel rear bumper plate standard or optional? Is the headrest adjustment manual or power? What is the screen size of the display?
SS rear bumper plate is standard.
Power headrest with Premium package in addition to 4 way power lumbar adjustment.
7" screen with NAV system
Old 02-15-2009, 08:31 PM

GLK 350 4matic
I am thinking of putting the order in the next couple of days. any one here knows how much different the Harman logic 7 system will make? Also whats the difference between the metallic black and solid black, could you see the diff on the street?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by yualfred
I am thinking of putting the order in the next couple of days. any one here knows how much different the Harman logic 7 system will make? Also whats the difference between the metallic black and solid black, could you see the diff on the street?
Below is an article given to me by the Mercedes Sales Rep, and after more search I went with OSB. I dont regret paying, after seeing pics of GLKOWER vehicle. I find the metallic just brings out the shiny black, instead of the other black.

Here is the article:

World premiere at Mercedes-Benz

Innovative nano-particle clearcoat offers significantly greater scratch resistance and improved gloss
Toronto, ON – After four years of development work, an innovative new clear lacquer was set to go into series production at Mercedes-Benz at the end of 2003. Ground-breaking nano-technology ensures that the new product is substantially more scratch-resistant than conventional paint. The E, S, CL, SL and SLK-Class model series are the first cars in the world to be available with this new paint system, whilst customers of other Mercedes models can look forward to the increased scratch resistance of nano-paintwork from spring 2004. This new technology represents the Stuttgart-based car maker’s latest significant contribution towards considerably enhancing the already exemplary long-term quality and value retention of its passenger cars.

The newly developed clear lacquer, which contains microscopically small ceramic particles, hardens in the paintshop oven, forming an extensively cross-linked network. The paint is thus more effectively protected against scratches caused by mechanical car-washes, for example. The nano-particles provide a three-fold improvement in the scratch resistance of the paintwork and ensure visibly enhanced gloss over an extended period of time. Following extreme tests in a laboratory car-wash, Mercedes engineers noted an around 40-percent improvement in paint gloss compared to conventional clear lacquers.

Mercedes-Benz carried out extensive testing on the nano-particle clearcoat both in the laboratory and under everyday conditions. Even after several years of use, the more than 150 test cars involved in the long-term testing programme displayed significantly greater scratch resistance and enhanced paint gloss compared to vehicles with conventional paintwork. Added to which, the newly developed paint system also meets the stringent Mercedes standards in terms of the protection it offers from chemicals in the environment.
New nano-particle clearcoat will be introduced as standard for both metallic and non-metallic paint finishes.

Microscopically small ceramic particles provide a layer of protection
Remarkable advances in the area of nano-technology have allowed tiny ceramic particles – each less than a millionth of a millimetre in size – to be integrated into the molecular structure of the binding agent. These particles float around freely at first in the liquid clearcoat, before cross-linking as the drying process takes effect. The particles link in with one another in such a way as to create an extremely dense and smoothly structured network at the paint surface. This provides a protective layer and ensures that the new nano-particle clearcoat is considerably more scratch-resistant than conventional paintwork.

The effectiveness of the new technology was borne out by the results of an extreme test conducted in a laboratory car-wash according to DIN standards. The water used in the test contains a precisely measured concentration of fine particles and is spread over the paintwork by the rotating washing brushes, leaving behind scratches. After ten wash cycles in the laboratory car-wash – reproducing the degenerative effect of some 50 to 100 regular car washes – the nano-painted sheet metal emerged with around 40-percent greater gloss than samples with conventional clear lacquer.

If you like more, send me your email address I can forward the articles to you.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Thanks, Derek.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM

2008 MB C300; 2007 Acura RDX
check these pics http://www.autoblog.nl/image-gallery...ban-whip_1.jpg
Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 PM

GLK 350 4matic
Anyone tested Logic7 vs audio50 or audio20? What difference it makes, on your compressed music files? Like to hear your comment.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:24 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by Baby G
Below is an article given to me by the Mercedes Sales Rep, and after more search I went with OSB. I dont regret paying, after seeing pics of GLKOWER vehicle. I find the metallic just brings out the shiny black, instead of the other black.

Here is the article:
You did see this section in the article right?

"New nano-particle clearcoat will be introduced as standard for both metallic and non-metallic paint finishes."
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by webada
You did see this section in the article right?

"New nano-particle clearcoat will be introduced as standard for both metallic and non-metallic paint finishes."
Yes I did, but I like the metallic shine in the paint vs the standard black.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 AM

FX50
Harman Logic 7 system

Originally Posted by yualfred
I am thinking of putting the order in the next couple of days. any one here knows how much different the Harman logic 7 system will make?
Does anyone know how the Harman system compares to Bose? I'm considering trading in my Infiniti FX for the GLK...and I love the the Bose system.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 PM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by ibl81
Does anyone know how the Harman system compares to Bose? I'm considering trading in my Infiniti FX for the GLK...and I love the the Bose system.
surprisingly, the HK on the GLK is pretty well layed out. I've never heard the FX but I have heard the M, its comparable. Take your favorite CD or ipod when you visit the dealer
Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 PM

FX50
Thank you WEBADA. Good idea. I'll let everyone know of the outcome.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:10 PM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
Im am still waiting for delivery of my GLK. They told me the end of March for delivery. I was wondering if anyone that received their GLK got the winshield protection package?? As you know in Canada on the west coast they still use rocks on the roads here and I was wondering if I should take that package.

How do you guys like the slope of the winshield?? I had a jeep when I was in highschool and that winshield got rock chips like crazy so I was wondering if the GLK winshields would do the same?

By the way nice pics of your rides!!

Last edited by SSFinest; 03-10-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by SSFinest
Im am still waiting for delivery of my GLK. They told me the end of March for delivery. I was wondering if anyone that received their GLK got the winshield protection package?? As you know in Canada on the west coast they still use rocks on the roads here and I was wondering if I should take that package.

How do you guys like the slope of the winshield?? I had a jeep when I was in highschool and that winshield got rock chips like crazy so I was wondering if the GLK winshields would do the same?

By the way nice pics of your rides!!
If your insurance company does not have a windshield repair/replacement rider, I would definitely take the dealership up on the windshield protection package. I thought it was a great buy for the price, especially since the windshield would be replaced with OEM glass if necessary.

Remember to negotiate the price; lots of dealer profit there.

Bish
Old 03-14-2009, 09:24 PM
yco

Infiniti G37x
some odds & ends

6GB, not 4GB,WOW

Last edited by yco; 03-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 PM

GLK 350 4matic
Do they give you the SD-PCMCIA adapter? Can you play directly from PC slot? I have order MMI for my car, but just thinking convenient to do that as well.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM
yco

Infiniti G37x
Some pics of the backseat area
does your car have fire extinguisher look like the one below?

just heared GLK has a fire extinguisher under driver's seat
Old 03-15-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Acutally it says so in the manual and on the website, I dont recall seeing one under the driver seat, will have to check that out. The Emergency Kit is in the trunk along with Spare tire setup that require you to use the air compressor that they provide, I think I will just call MB Roadside assistance for that :-)
Old 03-16-2009, 01:17 AM

2010 GLK
It is law in Germany (and Europe?) to have a fire extinguisher in the vehicle.
North American standards do not require a fire extinguisher.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New GLK Pics