Just test drove one - not too impressed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 W212 E350 Sport, sold 06 W211 E350
Good Choice on GLK...It Looks like an SUV

Originally Posted by ftttubrgcm
Looked at the GLK because it caught her eye in the commercials. After just a short time on the road, I was not thinking of the RX other than how to let the Lexus dealer down easily. The ride and steering feel were so much better than the RX. To me, the RX is a woman's vehicle but I feel at home in the GLK.
I have always thought that there was something about the RX that I did not find appealing and others could not understand why, now I know what it was!! (hmm, now that I think about, it they were all females, LOL!) Glad to know the GLK saved you from the RX, cannot wait for your photos - Barolo Red is one of my favorites. I have to admit that I agree with your wife on her interior choices, that aluminum and black is to austere to me too, not enough warmth!

Last edited by sacguy; 02-15-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:40 PM

2012 ML-350 BT
My wife said the aluminum interior was too manly but she likes the almond/black/walnut. Hopefully, in the next two weeks, our barolo red 4Matic will arrive.
Great news. Barolo red is what I want. I do not mind the black with aluminium trim. However, I may be convinced by your combo. Would appreciate photos when you get it.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 PM

GLK 4Matic
Originally Posted by drpasteur
I don't think the GLK will sell as much as the new C300. When I test drove the GLK, I don't feel like I'm driving a SUV, nor feel driving a sedan.
On the test drive, I was comparing the GLK to the 2010 RX-350. Total worlds apart! Also, I'm not against sedans. It is just that sedans are sedans. I like the ability to go off of the beaten path now and again, not having to worry about airdams and/or undercarriage damage. Crossovers and other SUV type vehicles are taking a large share from the sedan market so it is possible, the GLK may someday overtake the C300.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 AM

GLK 4Matic
We took delivery today! Wifey pooh is very excited. Sorry about the above post where we had a different configuration. We didn't want to wait so we got what was left on the lot. The new configuration is all in my signature. We took delivery past closing time so we don't know how to operate many of the features. They didn't give us the owner's manual so we don't even know what grade of gas to fill it with. Also, we will finalize the paperwork tomorrow and get the delivery tour on Monday. We will try to get some images tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 AM

GLK 4Matic
We were at the gas station tonight and we must've looked like the fools we are. Couldn't find the release for the gas cap door. 10 minutes later, I figured it out. At least I got the Nav and phone pairing down without the manual.

Last edited by ftttubrgcm; 02-20-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 AM

GLK 350
We were at the gas station tonight and we must've looked like the fools we are. Couldn't find the release for the gas cap door. 10 minutes later, I figured it out. At least I got the Nav and phone pairing down without the manual.

Congrats on your purchase, here is interactive link which should help:

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual.../en/index.html

Make sure to post lost of pictures
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM

2012 ML-350 BT
Yes please ftttubrgcm... I very interested to see how nice the barolo red is with the almond/black/walnut interior.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM

GLK 4Matic
Baby G, thanks for the link and the congrats. I will attempt some pics tonight. We have to run to the dealer as soon as my wife gets off work so it may be too dark. But the will come.
Also, I asked my dealer to show me Obsidian black and there wasn't one vehicle on the lot with it. All the other MB's had the non-metallic black, which still looked good.

Emesap43, my dealer said that Barolo wasn't selling so well and that is why it is so hard to come by. True or not, it looks great with the almond/black/walnut interior. Mars red is a little too flashy for us but it looks great on other MB classes.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:24 PM

GLK 350
Baby G, thanks for the link and the congrats. I will attempt some pics tonight. We have to run to the dealer as soon as my wife gets off work so it may be too dark. But the will come.
Also, I asked my dealer to show me Obsidian black and there wasn't one vehicle on the lot with it. All the other MB's had the non-metallic black, which still looked good.

Emesap43, my dealer said that Barolo wasn't selling so well and that is why it is so hard to come by. True or not, it looks great with the almond/black/walnut interior. Mars red is a little too flashy for us but it looks great on other MB classes.

Thanks, can you post pics of the lighting package? Can someone tell me what the Appearance is? Is this a package?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:39 PM

2012 ML-350 BT
Congrats ftttubrgcm. Saw your exterior colour at my dearlership and it does look good. Will have to live with the photos of the barolo red posted by akbro93704 in this tread: https://mbworld.org/forums/3100943-post1.html.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:26 AM

GLK 4Matic
BabyG, just view emesap43's link and you will see the appearance and lighting packages. You get the rims on the MCBlue GLK along with roof rails. You can see that it also has the halogens and the rear LED's. Also, I like that blue and the Barolo.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
Originally Posted by bevalaqua kid
The real deal killer for me was when I tried to get in the back seat to test out the leg room. I'm 6'0", about 200, and could not get in without angling my legs at 45 degrees. There's NO leg room. My 14 year old kid is 5' 11" and there's no way he would fit back there.
I got back in my '98 BMW 540 6-speed, and was amazed at how much better my old car drives - even with 105K miles on it (I know I'm comparing apples to oranges, but it's hard to want to drop $45K when my 540 feels the way it does). So it's back to looking at '06 E55's!
GLK seems like more for drivers who are 5 ft 8" or below as there will then be enough room for kids that are below 5 ft 6". as for the bmw 540i's rear seat leg room, i'm 6 ft tall and would not be comfortable back there. for me, despite the bmw's rear seat leg room specs being similar to the MB E-class, the BMW's rear seat's much smaller. is your son really comfortable in the backseat of the bmw? i'd be surprised.
Patrick
Old 02-21-2009, 10:52 AM

GLK 350
BabyG, just view emesap43's link and you will see the appearance and lighting packages. You get the rims on the MCBlue GLK along with roof rails. You can see that it also has the halogens and the rear LED's. Also, I like that blue and the Barolo.
Thanks eh... so its like the sports package for us Canadians with 20" wheels, and roof rails. With the Bi-Xenons we get LED here...
Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM

GLK 4Matic
Baby G, in the US, our lighting package includes 1) bi-xenon headlamps w/active curve illumination 2) corner illuminating lamps 3) LED tail lamps and 4) headlamp washing system. I think your sports package is our appearance package which includes 20 inch 7 spoke light alloy wheels and aluminum roof rails.
We still have not seen obsidian black on any MB in our area; can't wait to see images of yours.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 PM

GLK 350
Baby G, in the US, our lighting package includes 1) bi-xenon headlamps w/active curve illumination 2) corner illuminating lamps 3) LED tail lamps and 4) headlamp washing system. I think your sports package is our appearance package which includes 20 inch 7 spoke light alloy wheels and aluminum roof rails.
We still have not seen obsidian black on any MB in our area; can't wait to see images of yours.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, so i'm covered have all those Give us an updated review on how you like or disliike anything. Congrats again...

I'll defniitely post pics upon delivery, have to wait a bit, since I like Keyless Go, but worked out, since my lease on my other vehicle is till June.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...-glk-pics.html

GLKOWNER has posted tons of his Obsidian Black mid way in the above post definitely have a peek.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 PM

GLK 4Matic
Finally I got a couple of images in the link in my signature. I'm supposed to bring it in Monday morning for a detail. Then afterwork, my wife will go in for the delivery by our dealer. I couldn't wait and washed it tonight. I will post more images in the future.
I won't give a detailed review at this time because we have to leave for dinner.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:09 PM

11 W212 E350 Sport, sold 06 W211 E350
Very Nice, looks good in Iridium Silver!!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:11 PM

GLK 350
Finally I got a couple of images in the link in my signature. I'm supposed to bring it in Monday morning for a detail. Then afterwork, my wife will go in for the delivery by our dealer. I couldn't wait and washed it tonight. I will post more images in the future.
I won't give a detailed review at this time because we have to leave for dinner.

No worries its all good, write it when ever you have time... I must say its lookign good
Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
GLK seems like more for drivers who are 5 ft 8" or below as there will then be enough room for kids that are below 5 ft 6". as for the bmw 540i's rear seat leg room, i'm 6 ft tall and would not be comfortable back there. for me, despite the bmw's rear seat leg room specs being similar to the MB E-class, the BMW's rear seat's much smaller. is your son really comfortable in the backseat of the bmw? i'd be surprised.
Patrick
I am 6' 0" tall. After I had driven the GLK, I then sat in the driver's side rear seat. I had plenty of room. Not like in our GL of course, and I would not want to travel across country sitting back there, but my knees had plenty of room from the back of the driver's seat. Alot of course depends on the configuration the driver places the seat in, especially the angle of the seat back. I like mine to be pretty upright so it leaves more room for knees behind me.

Bish
Old 02-22-2009, 02:48 PM

GLK 4Matic
I'm also 6' and I sat in the back seat on the test drive until my dealer got to the location we switched. My only complaint is that I have to be a little more careful exiting so I won't scuff the area around the door. I remember how terrible it was to exit an Infiniti FX and the GLK is nothing like that.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM

'05 BMW 545i, '09 E350 4Matic
So you took delivery and headed to the gas station? Didn't the dealer fill-er-up for you?

BTW, Sharp Car. Congratulations.

Last edited by SolanNo1; 02-23-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 AM

GLK 4Matic
SolanNo1, this last Thursday, my wife decided she wanted the last GLK on the lot after I had described it to her while she was driving home from work. After some errands and a quick detail of the trade-in, we met up at the dealer around closing time. The dealer had to finish delivery of another GLK and then he was able to deal with us. After doing most of the paperwork, we took the vehicle home with one key and no manuals. Our dealer was off the next day so he told us to come back Saturday to finalize the paperwork. We did that and then he told us to bring it back Monday morning(yesterday) for the new vehicle detailing and that they would provide us with a loaner. Later on, my wife showed up and her GLK was properly delivered to her. So all of that just to say that the dealer didn't provide us with the manual on the primary delivery day.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:41 PM

BMW 135i
Originally Posted by Baby G
Congrats on your purchase, here is interactive link which should help:

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual.../en/index.html

Make sure to post lost of pictures
well, how cool is this.. I feel like I own one now
Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 AM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by david999
Unfortunately, because this is a new model and Mercedes sold a good amount of them last month
(1300 in January) we will probably see higher prices for a while. I will have to take one out for a test drive soon and determine for myself if I should consider it, along with the new RX or maybe the Audi Q5.
Not too long...bought mine today MSRP: $49475 I paid $74 under invoice $46000.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:04 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Barry626
Not too long...bought mine today MSRP: $49475 I paid $74 under invoice $46000.
You guys are getting some crazy deals down south of the border... oh well... its all good. Congrats time to post some pics eh!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just test drove one - not too impressed