GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

IPOD kit question

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GLK 350
Angry

Originally Posted by plasmapants
My reason for saying it sucks, (which is only my opinion) For a 40K + car, to me at least, MB should be able to offer a solution that is more elegant and actually integrated into the audio system. the way i see it, the "iPod integration" is simply a hack. marketing vs. functionality for sure. i find it rather dangerous to try and control on the instrument cluster, which probably will limit how much i acutally use it. i am seriously considering the UMI, which means i wasted $300+ on this option.
Same sentiments here. Unexpected from MB engineering. 2 years passed and MB IPod "integration" kit still sucks the same. That's reckless design. Counterintuitive controls. Very distracting and dangerous, also unreachable for the passenger. Wasted central dash screen while trip info in the instrument cluster replaced with just the part of the song name.
Will be reason why my first MB will be the last one. Too bad there are 3 years of lease ahead.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Just to put in options to this for readers, we have a properly designed iPod kit (at least dealers in the know and customers think so) for this car. The iTronic Audio.