GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Canadian GLK Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonderklasse
Same question for you Ryan A. I was hoping to at least get them to waive the freight and PDI but so far have not yet had the time for an appointment with the sales guy.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Ryan A.
hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

i ordered a black on black one this january and was hoping to get keyless-go and burl walnut trim. but i was told that i couldn't get either. so i had to settle for aluminum and rear view camera or wait till july for delivery. since my lease for my current car ends in may, i couldn't take this option. despite this though, i'm still anxious to pick up the new car.

Congrats on your purchase
Old 02-20-2009, 10:27 AM

2012 ML-350 BT
Perhaps I should of posted this in this thread... https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ml#post3364501

Sorry.

Short story... I do not think that $2000 off is unreasonable given that the difference bewtween wholesale and retail (on my desired config) is around $4,400.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by emesap43
Perhaps I should of posted this in this thread... https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ml#post3364501

Sorry.

Short story... I do not think that $2000 off is unreasonable given that the difference bewtween wholesale and retail (on my desired config) is around $4,400.
Can you list what was yuor desired config, so we know the 4400 markup is based on the following config. Thanks in advance...
Old 02-21-2009, 02:13 AM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by hsedin
Hello Ryan A,

Did you get any discounts on your order by any chance and if so, which MB dealer did you go to? The MB in Vancouver won't budge at all
nope... no discounts. i think the lower mainland merc dealerships know that if one person doesn't buy the car, someone else will without asking for a discount. so they don't won't even budge on the price. i just gave a 5k deposit and that was it.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:14 AM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Baby G
Congrats on your purchase
thanks... can't wait for it
Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 AM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Schutzen
We are cut from the same cloth...

I too asked about the 17" rims and offroad package...not a huge issue but your get down hill control and underbelly deflection panels etc. MB did not figure anyone in NA would want the package...I am sure the GLK we are getting will be fine for the "gravel roads and mud puddles". I liked the aluminum rails...maybe a do it yourself project...although I read on the GL (big brother) the rails are fastened from the inside, meaning drop the roof panel
as much as i like the aluminum roof panels, i don't think i'll bother putting them in after. i'm just leasing it so i don't think i should do anything too permanent on it.... besides... black rails with a black car matches good enough. but i really wish i got the wood trim though...
Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 AM

BMW 328i
Originally Posted by Ryan A.
nope... no discounts. i think the lower mainland merc dealerships know that if one person doesn't buy the car, someone else will without asking for a discount. so they don't won't even budge on the price. i just gave a 5k deposit and that was it.
Yeah.. seems like the Vancouver MB dealer are really playing hardball- I put down my 1k deposit tonight. Did you choose to pay the 5k deposit right off the bat?

I suppose I could go the route of carcostcanada and eventually find a dealer that would budge (north van? richmond?) but I am not sure I can afford the waiting time as I will need the GLK sooner rather than later.

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 AM

2012 ML-350 BT
Can you list what was yuor desired config, so we know the 4400 markup is based on the following config. Thanks in advance...
The $4,400 markup is on metalic paint and a premium package.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 AM

2010 GLK350
Yeah.. seems like the Vancouver MB dealer are really playing hardball- I put down my 1k deposit tonight. Did you choose to pay the 5k deposit right off the bat?

I suppose I could go the route of carcostcanada and eventually find a dealer that would budge (north van? richmond?) but I am not sure I can afford the waiting time as I will need the GLK sooner rather than later.

Congrats on your purchase!
thanks! congratz on yours too. let's see who gets theirs first!

i went to the silver star surrey mercedes as it was roughly only 5 blocks from my house. i was looking for around 5k for a downpayment for the car, but apparently, the sales rep said that it was the MINIMUM deposit required for it. but in the end, it's all good as the 5k will help lower the monthly payments and the other thing that will help out is the 60% expected residual after the lease ends. i think they're on crack for guessing that the glk will be worth 60% 3 years of what it is worth now, but i'm not complaining. the monthly payments are lower than that of a similarly configured c300 4matic as a result despite the the glk having a higher lease rate!

also, i doubt you can get richmond MB to budge. richmond has a huge affluent asian community that is just dying to get their hands on the latest mercedes or bmw anything....

Last edited by Ryan A.; 02-21-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by benggolf
Hi Daniel. 451/443=EW is Sam who joins our group meets.
I believe he works in sales at MB-Burnaby on Boundary.

So you are interested in a GLK now, eh?
Ah cool. Yea I never had good vibes from that dealership (no offense) as everytime I go there no salesman would ask if I needed help. And when trying to get a discount they wouldn't budge at all. This was a while ago so hopefully things have changed. So now instead I go very often to Surrey MB (silverstar) as a buddy of mine works in the service dept.

Yea we're thinking of adding a GLK to the collection but with the way thing sare going I doubt we'll be able to get our hands on one anytime soon at a decent price. I'll probably wait until these get as popular as the C class then it will be ridiculously easy to find and get a discount.

Last edited by micropower99; 02-22-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Sonderklasse
Wow so even Silver Star won't budge? I'd say give it one or two months attitudes at local MB dealers should start to change. I think BC is starting to feel the impact of what's to come!!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by WingFlex
Same question for you Ryan A. I was hoping to at least get them to waive the freight and PDI but so far have not yet had the time for an appointment with the sales guy.
freight and pdi! *slaps head* i completely forgot to ask to see if they can have those waived. but in all honesty, i don't think they would have. this is the price we have to pay for being early buyers of a brand new model.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 PM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
I ordered my GLK Jan 25/09. Delivery sometime at the end of March. Bought it from Lone Star MB in Calgary Alberta. I did not get any discount. They were not willing to move at all on the price as the sales guy said that they were unable to due to the GLK being a 2010 model. I wanted the GLK so bad that I didnt want to hold out for a discount.

I was told that the aluminum roof rails were no longer available even with the sport package as it was only offered with the launch of the GLK.

I orderd - Obsidian Black Metallic/ Black Leather Interior / Premium Pkg/ Command Nav / Bi Xenons / MMI / 19' Rims (not really liking the split 5 spoke rim, will upgrade with aftermarket rims in the summer) / Aluminum interior trim
Old 02-23-2009, 05:05 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by SSFinest
I ordered my GLK Jan 25/09. Delivery sometime at the end of March. Bought it from Lone Star MB in Calgary Alberta. I did not get any discount. They were not willing to move at all on the price as the sales guy said that they were unable to due to the GLK being a 2010 model. I wanted the GLK so bad that I didnt want to hold out for a discount.

I was told that the aluminum roof rails were no longer available even with the sport package as it was only offered with the launch of the GLK.

I orderd - Obsidian Black Metallic/ Black Leather Interior / Premium Pkg/ Command Nav / Bi Xenons / MMI / 19' Rims (not really liking the split 5 spoke rim, will upgrade with aftermarket rims in the summer) / Aluminum interior trim
Congrats and welcome to the family!!! It looks like in the west coast, they aren't neg. the price at all eh...
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM

2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
I think in Ontario you can get 1K or maybe 2K discount easily. I ordered mine on Friday. Will be here about May. Did not want to wait for the June production as Keyless Go is not a huge deal for me.

I went to the Canadian Autoshow in Toronto yesterday. Interesting that the models on the floor has the US Style 20" Seven Spoke Wheels (I did see one with the Canadian Five Spoke 20"), and none had LED taillights. Even though I knew the answer I asked one of the people on the floor why it did not have LED taillights to be told they were not available yet. My tester had LED's. The one I ordered will as I confirmed they are available.

He also did not know that the seven spoke 20"s were a US upgrade, but in Canada you could only get them if you wanted to pay the $3400 to get them. I think our $800 5 spoke 20"s look great. We got the better end of the stick on this one. You have to pay $3400 in the US to get our 5 spoke 20"s!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered - Iridium Silver GLK 350 / Black Interior w Aluminium Trim / Premium Pkg/ Command Nav / Bi Xenons / Sports Pkg / Rear View Camera / MMI / HK LOGIC 7 / Aluminum Running Boards
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
Congrats and welcome to the family!!! It looks like in the west coast, they aren't neg. the price at all eh...
Its looking like that. BUT hopefully when i bring it up with my sales guy that the east coast is handing out some deals he will be willing to trow in some freebies!! hahahaha
Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 PM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
LOL i didnt even know the truck came with LED tail lights? this is stock?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 AM

2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
Originally Posted by fishsriz
LOL i didnt even know the truck came with LED tail lights? this is stock?
Yes, 100% sure it does. The tester came with it, and also I confirmed when I ordered.

There was something floating around the net about them not having them yet. It could be the US models don't get them yet. But we definitely do.

I never asked about the wood trim being available. I do know the aluminium trim on the inside is something to do with their launch, and it makes me wonder in the long run if this means it will be phased out for another type of wood trim.

So as far as I know, the only option not yet available is Keyless Go. And that starts with June production.

The GLK is selling well, given the economy. I don't think they have to give discounts, but most places in Ontario are giving something.

My dealership, Mercedes Benz Durham is excellent. They are not aware of any shortage of aluminium roof rails, and will check. If there is a shortage, they said they would make a comment that I want aluminium if possible. I'll hear back in the next few days if there is indeed a shortage or not.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:40 AM

02 W163
VANCOUVER GLKS,,,, interested in a MEET????? MArch??

Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by micropower99
Ah cool. Yea I never had good vibes from that dealership (no offense) as everytime I go there no salesman would ask if I needed help. And when trying to get a discount they wouldn't budge at all. This was a while ago so hopefully things have changed. So now instead I go very often to Surrey MB (silverstar) as a buddy of mine works in the service dept.

Yea we're thinking of adding a GLK to the collection but with the way thing sare going I doubt we'll be able to get our hands on one anytime soon at a decent price. I'll probably wait until these get as popular as the C class then it will be ridiculously easy to find and get a discount.

No offence taken bro! Im easy goin, besides I cant worry about other sales guys, only myself. We gota have a meet again soon. I got your 20 bones..hahaha. Maybe in a couple of weeks? This Sunday is already here and will rain, so no good. Maybe time to start a thread or revive and old vancouver meet!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
No offence taken bro! Im easy goin, besides I cant worry about other sales guys, only myself. We gota have a meet again soon. I got your 20 bones..hahaha. Maybe in a couple of weeks? This Sunday is already here and will rain, so no good. Maybe time to start a thread or revive and old vancouver meet!
For sure. I might start one up again either for next week or the week after. It would be nice to have it all W204's rather than a mix of euro cars. That way we know each other and can see each others mods.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I posted this on one of the other threads on here.

I visted a local MB dealership, the MB Website had my entire visit arranged. I want to lease for 3yrs with 24,000km/yr. The price seems very flexible. The buyback on my quote is 60% and 63% if it was 18,000km a year, thats 7% more than I expected based on the information on the website. This is based on a $10,000 down and all the usual upfront cost and taxes. I will have to order the GLK since it does not come with all the options I want or colour. I was also offered an additonal $1,000.00 in discounts, so I figured I would just choose some options. I did ask if the B&O stereo could be thrown in and I was surprised to hear him say, we can work something out. I have to suspect that sales must be really bad for MB to be using a 60% residual after 3yrs. The GLK I priced out is with Premium Pak - Nav - Keless GO - Xenon Light and Rear Camera total before taxes is $49,525.00 due on deliver will be $15,392.13. The residual is $29,775.00
Old 03-02-2009, 02:28 AM

BMW 328i
Leslielp,

Congrats on your purchase and your discount- here out in the West Coast, we aren't getting any luck with discounts

just wondering regarding your Keyless Go option- AFAIK, that option is not available till the June builds according to the MB dealer here in Vancouver- perhaps there has been a new change to the Keyless Go Option being available in earlier builds now?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:19 AM

GLK 350
Leslielp,

just wondering regarding your Keyless Go option- AFAIK, that option is not available till the June builds according to the MB dealer here in Vancouver- perhaps there has been a new change to the Keyless Go Option being available in earlier builds now?

I have ordered the vehicle in ontario as well... To my knowledge (call with MB Canada + Dealer confirmation) Keyless Go will start in June

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canadian GLK Owners