GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

LINGUATRONIC Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
LINGUATRONIC Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts

I'm really interested in learning how to maximize the usefulness of voice control (linguatronic) in the GLK.

Has anyone used it to control their music register? For example to select a specific music artist?

How about sharing examples of verbal shortcuts?

For example:
command 1: navigation
command 2: nearest gas (station)

vs. saying
command 1: navigation
command 2: point of interest
command 3: current location
command 4: gas station
Old 03-22-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I am not sure what you mean by verbal shortcuts? If you hit the voice activation button on ur steering it will display the menu for whatever device you are currently using (Nav, Audio, Phone, etc) but if you say Phone it will just go to that function and list of the command lines, you will have to press the voice button again but then you can say someting like dial by name.

Its very intuitive, for example if you are listening to a cd and you say phone, then dial by number when it starts dialing it will mute the audio and when you hang up it will resume but the screen menu will still be in phone mode. I have tried multiple combinations and it seems fool proof so far.

Hope I understood your question.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
[quote=Leslielp;3424272]I am not sure what you mean by verbal shortcuts? quote]

Here's an example: After you select navigation, you can say "next gas" and the display will show you the closest gas stations. (next restaurant, next hospital... these all work)

The long way to the same end result could involve saying "point of interest", "current location", "gas station" etc. This is a longer process of verbally drilling down to what you want.

I would be really impressed if someone had verbal commands that controlled the music register, such as selecting a specific artist or album.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I will have to give this a try, I know the Audio display is supposed to be able to colour code by artist or music type, well I think I read that in the manual :-)