GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

It's finally here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
It's finally here!

after three long excrutiating months after my order, my glk finally arrived yesterday. and today, i finally had a chance to take pics of it. (as i was having too much fun driving it around. i already racked up 250kms between yesterday and today! not good for leasing?)

well, here are the pics:

oh, and on the background is my parents' c280.
so far my impressions:

pros:
-ride is very quiet and smooth.
-HK sound system is a blast
-best xenon headlights i've ever seen
-overall feeling of solidity and rigidity. no rattles yet (crosses fingers)
-engine has good grunt
-very good and clear rear view camera (even at night!)

cons:
-even with the lightest right foot, still averaging 16mpg
-i wish the exhaust note was better. current acuras (mdx/tl) and most bmws sound better
-MASSIVE a-pillars.
-steep learning curve for COMAND. but i figured out most of its functions now. hunting for "easter eggs" as i refuse to touch the COMAND manual. the thing even names the gas stations nearby!

hope you like the pics!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Congrats on the GLK and thanks for sharing the great pics. Don't worry too much about the KMs, they will eventually go back to your normal driving :-) range. I noticed my milage improved after 2600 km. Just enjoy
Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM

2010 GLK350
thank you for looking!

i hope the mileage improves because at the rate it's going right now, our family's 2005 pathfinder (a mid-sized 7-passenger suv with a 4-litre v6) seems to be getting better mileage.

btw, a question since you too seem to have COMAND, is there any other way of putting songs to the hard drive other than ripping from audio cd's?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:35 AM

GLK, CLK, CLS
Congratz on your new Benz!!!! It's been outright torture for me as well (in terms of waiting...I'm almost there too though!!)
Just a couple of ques about your purchase though...did you buy it from the Silver Star dealer (Surrey)?? Also, what kind of packages did you get and how much did it cost you (if you don't mind sharing)???

Have fun driving it...I'm sooooo jealous... for a couple more weeks!!!:P
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
love GLK in black...I think it's the best color for it.
Mileage should improve after break-in period.
From what I read there is not way to transfer music besides ripping. Somebody on C-Forum firgured a way to transfer from PCMIA input, but this doesn't work on GLK.

Enjoy the car, I should be picking mine up this week.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 AM

528i, GLK
Nice ride, congrats!

I've seen those dice in ages, matches the color of your car too. kool
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM

GLK 350
Congrats on your purchase, you might wanna change your nick eh... On Order to Delivery, just joking bud enjoy your car
Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 774 Likes on 753 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
looking good!
wait for GLK63 and MPG won't be much different...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by GLK 2010
Congratz on your new Benz!!!! It's been outright torture for me as well (in terms of waiting...I'm almost there too though!!)
Just a couple of ques about your purchase though...did you buy it from the Silver Star dealer (Surrey)?? Also, what kind of packages did you get and how much did it cost you (if you don't mind sharing)???

Have fun driving it...I'm sooooo jealous... for a couple more weeks!!!:P
don't worry, you'll be well rewarded for your wait. and yes, i did buy it from the silver star dealership in surrey. i have the premium package, xenon headlights, HK sound system and the multimedia package. i went for a 36-month lease with a $6600 down and a $2000 trade-in (for a car only worth 500 bucks! they dropped the ball on that one) and a mileage allowance of 72000km (as i do drive a lot). the monthly came to around 800/month.

Nice ride, congrats!

I've seen those dice in ages, matches the color of your car too. kool
thanks. ya, i love those dice. all the cars i ever had always had 'em.

Congrats on your purchase, you might wanna change your nick eh... On Order to Delivery, just joking bud enjoy your car
ya, i noticed my sig is a bit... outdated... gotta change that. thanks for the heads up.

looking good!
wait for GLK63 and MPG won't be much different...
haha, as cool as a glk63 would be, i don't think mb is interested in making that yet otherwise we would have seen spyshots of it already. but maybe if bmw brings out a new x3m then maybe.... still, a glk63 would be neat though.

Last edited by Ryan A.; 04-20-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Holly crap that's an expensive lease. 650 USD after 6500 USD down.

I'm sure it's worth tho. Maybe should think of buying it out at the end.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Congratulations on the new G thats the color combo im looking at as well .... i just wish the US had the nice 20" wheels uughhhh
Old 04-21-2009, 10:45 AM

528i, GLK
The ones in the pix is a 19" same as US's 19"

but ya, CA's 20" are nicer, we can get those as well, ofcourse at additional cost.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

2010 GLK350 AWD 2008 C300 AWD (traded).
Congrats on the GLK. I still have 2 months plus to go for my order to come across the pond. It's only been 3 weeks since my order was taken. My AWD C300 will do for now. I'm not hurting too badly. Have fun.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:33 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Holly crap that's an expensive lease. 650 USD after 6500 USD down.

I'm sure it's worth tho. Maybe should think of buying it out at the end.
ya it seems a bit pricey. but oddly enough, due to its expected higher residual value, a comparable c300 4matic would have cost even more to lease!

i'm thinking about buying it at the end, but i think i can only make that decision when i know what cars are available 3 years from now (and if my income has increased by then, hopefully).

Congratulations on the new G thats the color combo im looking at as well .... i just wish the US had the nice 20" wheels uughhhh
i actually do like the US 20" wheels (they look a bit bmw-ish though). but i couldn't fathom the idea of another vehicle with low-profile tires as my old one did. so i stuck with the 19s for now. btw, mabuhay! it's nice to see a fellow filipino on board. a lady too no less!

Congrats on the GLK. I still have 2 months plus to go for my order to come across the pond. It's only been 3 weeks since my order was taken. My AWD C300 will do for now. I'm not hurting too badly. Have fun.
thanks. but ya, at least you already have a c300 to keep you satisfied for the time being. but i'm sure you're still itchin' to get yours....

Last edited by Ryan A.; 04-21-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 AM

2010 GLK
Hi Ryan A.

Nice GLK...identical to mine except for the running boards...

Did you check your 19" tires...I noticed my Dunlops have "M+S" with the mountain/snowflake symbol which means that the tires meets the definitions for use in severe snow conditions.

http://www.rubberassociation.ca/wintertires.html
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
What Dunlop are those?

Also just because there is M+S doesn't mean much. 20 inch wheels also come with M+S Pirellis, but I don't think it's a subsitution for winter tires. They will do fine in occasional snow and slush, however for confident winter driving winter tires is the way to go. But you guys over in Canada know this better than I do.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Ryan A.
don't worry, you'll be well rewarded for your wait. and yes, i did buy it from the silver star dealership in surrey. i have the premium package, xenon headlights, HK sound system and the multimedia package. i went for a 36-month lease with a $6600 down and a $2000 trade-in (for a car only worth 500 bucks! they dropped the ball on that one) and a mileage allowance of 72000km (as i do drive a lot). the monthly came to around 800/month.

thanks. ya, i love those dice. all the cars i ever had always had 'em.

ya, i noticed my sig is a bit... outdated... gotta change that. thanks for the heads up.

haha, as cool as a glk63 would be, i don't think mb is interested in making that yet otherwise we would have seen spyshots of it already. but maybe if bmw brings out a new x3m then maybe.... still, a glk63 would be neat though.

No AMG GLK63! I was reading a couple of days ago, that Benz is not going to do it. Something about the GLK not being that type of vehicle? And with the ML63 and GL63 out there, not being able to fit it in. No sense to me, a GLK63 would be HOT in my opinion.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM

BMW 325iX Sport Wagon, Range Rover
If GLK is a great success, look for the Glk to grow a couple inches at first refresh, replacing ML and that would be likely time for AMG GLK to arrive.

Slightly longer wheel base would help handle giant torque increase and give more stability/ride. IMHO.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM

2010 GLK
Snow tires in the Spring...

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
What Dunlop are those?

Also just because there is M+S doesn't mean much. 20 inch wheels also come with M+S Pirellis, but I don't think it's a subsitution for winter tires. They will do fine in occasional snow and slush, however for confident winter driving winter tires is the way to go. But you guys over in Canada know this better than I do.
I agree, the 20" M+S wheel/tire package would require dedicated snow tires for the winter.
I examined the 20" Pirelli side wall yesterday at the MB dealer and it is not equipped with the mountain and snowflake pictoram rating.

The 19" standard wheel/tire package on the Canadian GLKs have the Dunlop Grandtrek Touring A/S 235/50R19 99H with the mountain and snowflake pictogram on the sidewall.

Transport Canada established a new winter tire standard.
Any tire that passes, gets to have the winter tire logo = a snowflake inside a mountain peak, on the side wall.

The province of Quebec made winter tires mandatory, perhaps the reason for the severe snow condition rating on the GLK 19" Dunlop tire?

I wonder if the USA spec. 19" tires also received the mountain and snowflake rating?

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safev...ires/index.htm

http://www.dunlop-tires.com/dunlop_e..._a-s/index.jsp

http://www.wheels.ca/Tire%20Talk/article/177172

Last edited by Schutzen; 04-22-2009 at 03:10 PM.