GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Door Open Indicator /Warrning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Door Open Indicator /Warrning

except the Cabin light while in park there is no door open indicator.
dealer Service adviser told me that it will only indicate a warning once you are driving 9 mph and if door is left opened. However, if you have a child in the back seat and the door is open while in park or upon starting the car, you will not get a warning indicator when shifting into drive. This is could be problem with young child.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 AM

2010 GLK
Good point, I asked the same question. My 2004 VW Touareg instrument cluster pictogram would light up the door / hatch / hood opening when in park.

I tested my GLK and sure enough the warning goes off when you are moving...not sure about the logic...so then you pull over and close the door!

I also found out that in the USA you get the direct TPMS (sensors at the tire valve stem) but in Canada we get the indirect sensing (ABS wheel revolution speed).

Not sure of the logic here either...the TPMS is superior in my opinion...perhaps MB decided the US would get the TPMS due to the hot temperatures in the southern USA?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
It does say that out TMPS doesn't really work in cold winter, so maybe that's why you guys are different kind.

As far as door warning that doesn't make sense to me either. But don't interior light stay on if door is open, would not that be an indicator?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:59 AM

528i, GLK
Wow, I've got to try this out. I do remember stopping the car after moving to close a rear passenger door which was warned by the dash with some very nice red color.