GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Mud Flaps for the GLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Mud Flaps for the GLK

We have had a lot of rain here in S. Florida. The back of the GLK picks up all the water and dirt from the road. I'm wondering if Mercedes makes small Mud Flaps that won't look too ugly. This might not even solve the problem. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
They have mud flaps. They are kinda ugly, but I'm putting them when winter comes. I think there is a lot of stuff that comes off of wheels right onto fenders, side skirts, doors etc. and will do some damage to paint right behind the wheels over time. They are cheap tho (77 bux I think).
Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glk
I have them on my GLK. I paid $150.00 for all four. Price was $75.00 a pair. The dealer wanted $200.00 for install which I felt was ludicrous. If you have the space and time it would take you an hour(easy install). The wheels have to come off hence the 1 hour. I ended up taking it to my buddy's shop(limited space for me to do) since he has a lift. He decided he would do the install...price? $40.00 for the install..

The are not that noticiable once on the car...worth having imo..
Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350 AWD Steel Grey/Black Interior (3/18/09); E63AMG (5/5/2011)
Got it on mine too. Had to be really patient installing it as I didn't feel like taking the wheels out. Even a stubby philips screwdriver won't fit when installing the rear so I had to rig up a really small socket wrench with a short philips bit to get it in.

Originally Posted by speednme
I have them on my GLK. I paid $150.00 for all four. Price was $75.00 a pair. The dealer wanted $200.00 for install which I felt was ludicrous. If you have the space and time it would take you an hour(easy install). The wheels have to come off hence the 1 hour. I ended up taking it to my buddy's shop(limited space for me to do) since he has a lift. He decided he would do the install...price? $40.00 for the install..

The are not that noticiable once on the car...worth having imo..
Old 12-19-2009, 12:39 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
I had these installed yesterday. I can tell you they make a big difference stopping the splash back especially on the sides of the car. I was wary about the look of them at first. But now that they are on. I am glad I did it because they really are not that noticeable on the darker colored cars. I have a Steel Grey GLK. Now I don't have to wash my car after simply driving through a puddle.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:03 PM

2010 GLK 350/2009 Lincoln MKX
Originally Posted by jpjolo
Got it on mine too. Had to be really patient installing it as I didn't feel like taking the wheels out. Even a stubby philips screwdriver won't fit when installing the rear so I had to rig up a really small socket wrench with a short philips bit to get it in.
So you were able to install w/out taking wheels off? I also have steel gray and cannot stand how dirty the car gets in a little rain. Thanks for the info so far.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 PM

GLK 350X :0
it seems that the front ones are a bit smaller than rears.
Lucky for folks who have the darker color as it is not too noticeable.

I am debating if I should paint them as with the aero kit and hopefully it would blend in.
Can anyone take a FULL side shot of their GLK to see how it looks like?

thanks,

Old 12-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 2010 MB GLK 350
Originally Posted by jpjolo
So no drilling required?
Old 12-20-2009, 01:20 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by doctorres112
So you were able to install w/out taking wheels off? I also have steel gray and cannot stand how dirty the car gets in a little rain. Thanks for the info so far.
The dealer installed these for me. In fact they paid for the whole thing to. I had to go back for some problems with my UMI install and while it was there I asked them to add them to the car. When I picked up the car the next day they said "No Charge. Our gift to you for messing up the UMI install".

I am a first time Mercedes Owner. I must say, the dealer has been great. So far, they haven given me a free cargo cover, $400 back for my UMI install (they messed up the install), free mud flaps w/ install, free complete detail. detail included complete clay, polish, wax.

When I bought my car I was supposed to get the first TWO payments made for me. I got my statement yesterday, they made FOUR payments with a note attached to them saying "extra 2 payments courtesy credits for customer satisfaction" or something along those lines.

So at this point I give Mercedes Benz an A++++!!! I have been dealing with Mercedes Benz of Westminster. They are located in Westminster Colorado. So if anyone out there reading this is considering the purchase of a new Mercedes, I HIGHLY recommend them!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:23 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by cyberglk350
The dealer installed these for me. In fact they paid for the whole thing to. I had to go back for some problems with my UMI install and while it was there I asked them to add them to the car. When I picked up the car the next day they said "No Charge. Our gift to you for messing up the UMI install".

I am a first time Mercedes Owner. I must say, the dealer has been great. So far, they haven given me a free cargo cover, $400 back for my UMI install (they messed up the install), free mud flaps w/ install, free complete detail. detail included complete clay, polish, wax.

When I bought my car I was supposed to get the first TWO payments made for me. I got my statement yesterday, they made FOUR payments with a note attached to them saying "extra 2 payments courtesy credits for customer satisfaction" or something along those lines.

So at this point I give Mercedes Benz an A++++!!! I have been dealing with Mercedes Benz of Westminster. They are located in Westminster Colorado. So if anyone out there reading this is considering the purchase of a new Mercedes, I HIGHLY recommend them!
That's awesome!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:34 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by JT01
That's awesome!
I know. When I go to the Dealer for things I feel like I am in "Bizarro World". Because they are so different then the other "Dealers" I have done business with like Mazda and Ford. These guys do everything they say and more. They call me twice a day for updates. They LISTEN carefully when I have a problem. They DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL DO. This is all a first for me.

AND NEVER DO THEY SAY "WE CAN'T REPLICATE THE PROBLEM"

Something I would get just about everytime I would visit the FORD dealership.

My car always looks and smells good when i pick it up as well!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
jpjolo so no drilling required?

cyberglk exactly what do you get when you have UMI installed and what did it cost you?
Your dealer s really doing the right thing at every turn..... That's nice.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:42 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by RedRover

cyberglk exactly what do you get when you have UMI installed and what did it cost you?
Your dealer s really doing the right thing at every turn..... That's nice.

The best price I found anywhere was $1300.00 "ouch" for the UMI kit from

http://www.rbmmb.com/

These guys have the latest and greatest version as well. $1300. was much better than any dealer. All the local dealers wanted $1650. just for the kit.

Then I took it to the dealer for install. They wanted $400. for the install. I didn't want to do it because I was worried I would break a bunch of stuff. Usually do when taking interior pieces apart.

With UMI you get the Media box in the glove box that lets you use USB flash sticks for music. Bluetooth streaming audio. Ipod Adapter. Navigation that works with the existing 5" screen (I think its awesome!) Real time FREE traffic updates.

I think you should remove the wheels for installing the mud flaps. This way you don't take a chance of messing up when drilling those screw holes. You want to drill them straight. I was concerned about them drilling holes as well. But after looking closely at the flaps they do have that "Factory Look". Go for it. But remove the wheels to do it. You could just wait until your first tire rotation and do them at the same time.

Last edited by cyberglk350; 12-20-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:46 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by RedRover

cyberglk exactly what do you get when you have UMI installed
Here is a link with more info regarding the UMI.

http://www.benzblogger.com/2008/11/u...-2010-glk.html
Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 PM

GLK 220 cdi - irridiumsilver
[quote=RedRover;3861719]jpjolo so no drilling required?

No there is absolutely no drilling required. The only thing you have to do is take off the wheels for easier working.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by F18BEN
We have had a lot of rain here in S. Florida. The back of the GLK picks up all the water and dirt from the road. I'm wondering if Mercedes makes small Mud Flaps that won't look too ugly. This might not even solve the problem. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I have a set on my wife's.. On for the winter, off for the summer.

Here's where I purchased them from... good prices...http://mercedes.dealerfit.com/store/...at909_2481.php

Just make sure to apply a little lube to all parts of the pressure clamp when you squeeze it on along the top of each mud guard otherwise it will not go on easily... if you just use a pair of pliers to squeeze them on, it will ruin the paint and possibly the fender underneath.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
Here's a better pix/
Attached Thumbnails Mud Flaps for the GLK-mercedes-glk-accessories-1.jpg  
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 AM

GLK 350X :0
thanks for the tip MBRedux....

Old 09-15-2010, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
Originally Posted by MBRedux

Here's where I purchased them from... good prices...http://mercedes.dealerfit.com/store/...at909_2481.php

Just make sure to apply a little lube to all parts of the pressure clamp when you squeeze it on along the top of each mud guard otherwise it will not go on easily... if you just use a pair of pliers to squeeze them on, it will ruin the paint and possibly the fender underneath.
I'm planning on doing this myself. Do you have to remove the pressure clamp? I mean is it already on the car? If so, how does one do that without damaging the car?

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by iewoals
I'm planning on doing this myself. Do you have to remove the pressure clamp? I mean is it already on the car? If so, how does one do that without damaging the car?

Thanks.
The clamp (clip) holds the upper most part of the mud guard (MG) to the body not with a screw but with pressure from the clamp. It sandwiches (squeezes) the rubber inner lip of the rubber MG to the inner lip of the bumper for the rear, and to the actual fender for the front. So remember to lube it with a little WD-40 before pushing it on.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
The clamp (clip) holds the upper most part of the mud guard (MG) to the body not with a screw but with pressure from the clamp. It sandwiches (squeezes) the rubber inner lip of the rubber MG to the inner lip of the bumper for the rear, and to the actual fender for the front. So remember to lube it with a little WD-40 before pushing it on.
So taking it off. Should I lube it too prior to pulling on it?

thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:33 PM

GLK 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by cyberglk350
The best price I found anywhere was $1300.00 "ouch" for the UMI kit from

http://www.rbmmb.com/

These guys have the latest and greatest version as well. $1300. was much better than any dealer. All the local dealers wanted $1650. just for the kit.

Then I took it to the dealer for install. They wanted $400. for the install. I didn't want to do it because I was worried I would break a bunch of stuff. Usually do when taking interior pieces apart.

With UMI you get the Media box in the glove box that lets you use USB flash sticks for music. Bluetooth streaming audio. Ipod Adapter. Navigation that works with the existing 5" screen (I think its awesome!) Real time FREE traffic updates.

I think you should remove the wheels for installing the mud flaps. This way you don't take a chance of messing up when drilling those screw holes. You want to drill them straight. I was concerned about them drilling holes as well. But after looking closely at the flaps they do have that "Factory Look". Go for it. But remove the wheels to do it. You could just wait until your first tire rotation and do them at the same time.
Thanks for the info. I didnt see anything about navigation on the 5" screen when I checked the links.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by iewoals
So taking it off. Should I lube it too prior to pulling on it?

thanks.
Yes.......... of course!

PS... By the way, there is NO drilling to install OEM MG's on your GLK.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Pilot

Thanks for the link, just purchased a front and rear set.