GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

"The crookedest street in world." Road Trip Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 coupe
"The crookedest street in world." Road Trip Pics

4038 mile round trip vacation from Kansas to Salt Lake, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Glenwood Springs Co. Avg highway speed 75-84 at 22.8 mpg. On the famous Lombard Street in SF with a 27% incline, a large group of Japanese tourists were at the bottom scrambling for pictures screaming "it's a Mercedes". Only saw 3 GLK's the whole trip. Excellent handing (a few high speed) thru several mountain and canyon passes for a SUV due to the 4matic, low profile tires and auto damping suspension. Great trip in a great ride!
Attached Thumbnails "The crookedest street in world."  Road Trip Pics-1.jpg   "The crookedest street in world."  Road Trip Pics-2.jpg   "The crookedest street in world."  Road Trip Pics-3.jpg   "The crookedest street in world."  Road Trip Pics-4.jpg   "The crookedest street in world."  Road Trip Pics-5.jpg  

Last edited by Metallic; 06-12-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: pics
Old 06-12-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
very nice, how many dings on the front bumper from this trip? Mind taking a pic and posting?

Yea that street is awesome, we took prius down that street when I was visiting my friend. It must suck to live on the street with all the tourists there.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
very nice, how many dings on the front bumper from this trip? Mind taking a pic and posting?

Yea that street is awesome, we took prius down that street when I was visiting my friend. It must suck to live on the street with all the tourists there.
I echo that sentiment!

It is kind of neat though driving it, and its always seems to have traffic.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
great pics - I remember trying to find Lombard street on foot and we were walking up this HUUUUGE hill (heading toward Coit tower). I was sooo freakin' tired and trying to figure out why the heck I couldn't find it, only to turn around at the top of this hill and see it clear as day - the other direction!

We ended up driving our rental car down it later that trip - was fun, but very congested as NYC inferred
Old 06-13-2009, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 4Matic
Nice pics! We were there a couple of years ago and drove down it in our '07 CR-V.
Also, you say you only saw 3 other GLK's o the trip. I still think we are the only GLK owner in a 3 state area because we never ever ever see any others. I guess you have to go on a 4k mile trip to see some. Also, that mileage isn't too bad.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
I have driven Lombard many times, but the most nerve racking time was on a rainy day....slippery. In the 3+ months of owning my GLK I have seen 6, it's nice owning a rare ride