GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

To: TORONTO GLK owners.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glk
baby G, how did you get your 20% tint? is it all around? Is that even legal? did you order the car without it then get it done aftermarket?

what's OEM tint percentage anyways?...i really like 20%...or even 30% all around...

please advise...Orz

Last edited by pipicyx; 12-06-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:01 PM

GLK
hi pipicyx

yes, i got your pm, thank you in advance... i replied to your pm as well coz ive already dealt with another salesperson in the dealership you've told me about (eg. MB downtown- Dundas E). thus, i think it may be difficult to deal with your contact given this... would you have contacts that are not in that particular dealership? of course, if people think it's ok, then i may try... but am not quite so sure how to approach this...

thanks!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:07 PM

glk
hey...who is paying for it? I believe you can choose your salesman...to be NO.1, there are reasons behind it.

or PM me if you can go down to Guelph or Kitchner ...i was there and have a quote from Victoria Star...Sales person is Kevin, real nice guy too...

Actually, smaller dealer does give better deals overall...
Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 AM

C240
Smile just picked one up for Boxing day

Dealers are hungry in Toronto to close year end deals. But not the GTA ones.

Don't go to corp owned dealers. They don't deal as well. Bargained for one at Whitby. Directly dealt with mgr there so cut all the BS going thru sales guy. It was dead as everyone at the malls and he wanted to make one sale. Got the base GLK with no options, so not much room to negotiate. At the end of the day got about $3k off list which is much better than the $1.6k they were willing to give at the corporately owned dealers. I'm sure Oakville is the same. Seems like other people are getting around $2k and this is with other options. Remember if it's on the lot, this is bargaining power for you.

They seem to be nicer at those hit-town places too compared to the Markhams/Thornhill places. Remember, their key to discounting is if they expect you to come back to service the car at their dealership. They make next to nothing on the sale but will make a ton on you for the servicing. The mgr even said if you lived in Mississauga and came to Whitby, i wouldn't give you as much of a discount as you prob wouldn't service your car here.

Good luck on your dealings.

They just called yesterday and said car was ready for pick up as it was on a train from the Docks out east.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:49 PM

GLK
thanks for your reply namabeer! am holding out for one myself and lemme see what deals i can get out there on non corporate owned dealerships!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by pipicyx
baby G, how did you get your 20% tint? is it all around? Is that even legal? did you order the car without it then get it done aftermarket?

what's OEM tint percentage anyways?...i really like 20%...or even 30% all around...

please advise...Orz
Sorry for the late reply, yes I got 20% all around, and wouldn't go any other way. I like the blend with the back. I got the tints done aftermarket, for a local shop.

I had no trouble with law enforcements, so far good.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me, 2008 Hummer H2 Wife, 2010 Mercedes GLK350
We walked away from the deal as well, They were saying they needed another 17 sales to break a record by year end, here is what we wrote a deal on,
2010 October production GLK350, (20" rims, aluminum roof rails standard)
Iridium Silver, Black Artico with wood trim
Premium Package
Panoramic Sunroof
Navigation
Back up camera
Bi-Xeon headlights
Keyless go
Dual Rear DVD's
Media interface
Upgraded HK sound system
Basically ever option BUT leather.
MSRP with freight PDI all the other stuff,
$ 58175 we wrote the deal on $55000 + GST,
They came back with $2000 off, $56175 + GST, so we walked out, there was 4 days left till the end of the year so I thought he would call back, but they never did.
My wife really wanted a white one, but she would have taken the silver because it had the interior she wanted and all the options, plus some she didn't want. If we got $3000 off, we would be driving it right now.
We are in no hurry, so we will wait maybe order one for next winter, and get the white one she wants! The sales guy said they would be unwilling to deal at all in the new year, and nothing at all on a factory order.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 PM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
I have to say, 2k off is the most I have seen anyone receive in Canada for the GLK. When I bought mine in July (took Sept. delivery), I did get the 2k off ($,1,995.00 to be specifc). Total for my GLK was just a little under 50k, although I don't think it matters what options you do / don't get - 2k appears to be the max.

I am not sure if I would let the deal slide for only 1k. But as you note, you're not in a hurry and you never know, things may change.

All the best.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:32 AM

2010 GLK 350 4Matic
MB Canada is selling GLK like crazy. When the demand is high, you can not really negotiate that much.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
Originally Posted by Duke_on
MB Canada is selling GLK like crazy. When the demand is high, you can not really negotiate that much.

That makes sense.
There are so many Canucks around here, I expect a hockey game to break out any day, eh?
Discounts seem to be higher in the states, and if membership here in the forum is any indicator, (It might not be) then the GLK is not selling that well in the US. Ergo, big discounts to move some iron.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by RedRover
That makes sense.
There are so many Canucks around here, I expect a hockey game to break out any day, eh?
Discounts seem to be higher in the states, and if membership here in the forum is any indicator, (It might not be) then the GLK is not selling that well in the US. Ergo, big discounts to move some iron.
I think the promised hype of small premium SUVs never realized in US (or at least where I am). Ppl either go for Rav4/CR-V as they can't afford MB/BMW/Infiniti/Acura/Audi or if they can afford luxury they go for ML/X5/FX/MDX/Q7 because they need extra inch of space or extra row of seats. And ppl who don't need/like SUV go for 3 series/C-class/A4 or their bigger models all of which come with AWD.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 AM

2010 GLK350 4matic Blk w/Beige Artico/Wlnt. PP,SP,MMI,C-Nav,Xenon,AlumBoards+20's,Tow Hitch,
Originally Posted by zelko
I have to say, 2k off is the most I have seen anyone receive in Canada for the GLK.
Check the comments on the lower 1st page of this thread. I got over $4k from an independant Barrie Dealer also round same time. I know, they are still hungry for deals, I just spoke to my SR in late December. So dont cut yourself short. It was worth the trip to Barrie, even though I lived in Toronto.