GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Harman/kardon system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Harman/kardon system

How many speakers are installed in the GLK? Subwoofers?

THANKS!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:16 AM

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK; Black; Appearance Package; Multimedia Package; Panorama Roof;
i think its 11 speakers including 1 subwoofer

I have it but am going to upgrade to an aftermarket sound system

I'm looking for alot better quality and output
Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 PM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
I have HK and love the sound.. no complaints here
Old 05-11-2009, 01:00 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
i love the harman/kardon too. sounds amazing!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by veerodder
i love the harman/kardon too. sounds amazing!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK; Black; Appearance Package; Multimedia Package; Panorama Roof;
I'm glad that many others are enjoying the HK system
Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by MadLorGLK
I'm glad that many others are enjoying the HK system
Are you not?

I think HK is good, but I'm not audiophile. I think the quality is good but, HK can def use more bass. I have to put it on 9. Bigger subwoofer would be nice.

P.S. What happend to the group buy CF trim post?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Are you not?

I think HK is good, but I'm not audiophile. I think the quality is good but, HK can def use more bass. I have to put it on 9. Bigger subwoofer would be nice.

P.S. What happend to the group buy CF trim post?
Actually, I'm not too happy with my HK, I will be upgrading in the future and will post pics.

The Group buy thread that I posted was deleted by the administrator. I couldn't believe it. [UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE] I guess I did not really read the rules before posting.
I thought that it would have been very helpful for GLK owners to know about great deals out there.

Below is the private message that i received!

Dear MadLorGLK,

You have received an infraction at MBWorld.org Forums.

Reason: Non-Sponsored Advertising
-------
Groupbuys have to be approved in accordance with the rules listed in the groupbuy forum. Please read them. Your thread is herewith deleted.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 GLE63S AMG, 2018 GLE43 AMG, 2014 E63 AMG S-Model 4Matic Wagon (sold)
Don't Like The HK Sound System In My ML

I know it's not a GLK, but it's the same company and people doing the design. In the 2008 ML, there is very little deep bass, and way too much 80hz.-120hz. mid bass that does nothing but boom and obscure the midrange.

Maybe that's not too bad though, because the midrange is really nasal and honky sounding. Plus, the highs are so harsh that I have to turn the treble way down to try to compensate. And that's on CDs I've recorded from vinyl LPs through tubed phono stage equipment. CDs made from digital masters, or that are studio equalized are just about unlistenable!

I talked to an aftermarket car stereo guy that's highly respected. He said it will cost $4,000+ to re-do the sound system. OUCH!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
just a suggestion...
I am not sure how it will cost that much money...but even with some "higher-brand" of speakers, a bit of sound deadner, a great amp and woofers in the factory location should do the trick. If you are thinking of re-fabricating your existing locations, then you're up for some $urprise.
Of course, since the GLK is smaller, the sound ambiance will sound better. HK is good stuff, but definitely not the best.
Better brands would be Focal, ADS, JL Audio, and Raane. Alpine is not bad either, but stay away from Pioneer, Jensen, and few others.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
just a suggestion...
I am not sure how it will cost that much money...but even with some "higher-brand" of speakers, a bit of sound deadner, a great amp and woofers in the factory location should do the trick. If you are thinking of re-fabricating your existing locations, then you're up for some $urprise.
Of course, since the GLK is smaller, the sound ambiance will sound better. HK is good stuff, but definitely not the best.
Better brands would be Focal, ADS, JL Audio, and Raane. Alpine is not bad either, but stay away from Pioneer, Jensen, and few others.

I've been to a few places and I have been quoted alot of $$$ for what I wanted.
I wanted to change the compnonents to focal speakers, then the subs to two 13" TW5 JL's in a custom box wrapped in perforated viny accented with piano black material. The whole trunk will be customized. For the AMps I was gonna gowith 3 of them either alpine pdx or the small HD JL's.
fosgate 3 sixty as well
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 AM

GLK-350
I've been to a few places and I have been quoted alot of $$$ for what I wanted.
I wanted to change the compnonents to focal speakers, then the subs to two 13" TW5 JL's in a custom box wrapped in perforated viny accented with piano black material. The whole trunk will be customized. For the AMps I was gonna gowith 3 of them either alpine pdx or the small HD JL's.
fosgate 3 sixty as well
Two 13's is way overkill for that car. If YOU want good sound the HK is good, but if you want other people around you at stop lights and walking around the car to have good sound then the HK is not what your looking for. If you listen to good quality music and not something that only tries to see how low bass can go then the HK will probably be good as well.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Manback
Two 13's is way overkill for that car. If YOU want good sound the HK is good, but if you want other people around you at stop lights and walking around the car to have good sound then the HK is not what your looking for. If you listen to good quality music and not something that only tries to see how low bass can go then the HK will probably be good as well.

I'm glad that you are enjoying your HK

Unfortuntely for me that is not the case so I gotta spend some cheese.

I've heard HK and am not happy with it so I will go ahead and UPGRADE

The addition of high qualtiy, accurate and responsive subs should not only add more bass but also allow me to enjoy the full breath that each tune has to offer. That is of course when it is matched with high quality component speakers like Focals then you get truly amazing highs and mids.

Just not found (IMO) in the HK setup that I currently have.

The entire ride would be laid with dynamat of course so their shouldnt be too much "loud" music playing outside the car.

The two 13" JL TW5 woofers are pretty thin (need to save space) and I dont expect them to be that "loud."

I'll try not to drive in your neck of the woods so I wont wake you
Old 05-13-2009, 05:58 PM

I know some of you would be happy

i actually have a new appreciation for the HK system

I went to an audio shop and was playing around with the system and it turns out that it can perform pretty well depending on the music though

we popped in some jazz and that sounded pretty good

i guess IMO HK is not that great at playing hip hop tunes

I'm most likely still going to upgrade my sounds but in the meantime I will enjoy the sounds of my HK

On a side note, I hardly listen to music, I normally listen to my professors lecturs while driving
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 PM

For anyone intereted in a sound system upgrade

you gotta check this guy out, he is amazing

i spent a few hours yesterday jut looking through his work

I'm on a 5 month waitlist to have my car done

he is in San Jose CA, lucky for me I'm in LA

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/index.html
Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 PM

2010 GLK350

I went to an audio shop and was playing around with the system and it turns out that it can perform pretty well depending on the music though

Exactly!
Put garbage in... garbage comes out.
People should put a DVD Audio disc in and they will then hear great sound!
I listen to a "Foreigner" disc today and not far off from my $10,000 system in my home!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 PM

GLK-350

I'm most likely still going to upgrade my sounds but in the meantime I will enjoy the sounds of my HK

On a side note, I hardly listen to music, I normally listen to my professors lecturs while driving
Wow exciting!!! You better hurry up and get those 13's so that you can hear the deep low tones of that professors voice
Old 05-16-2009, 12:44 AM

GLK350, AudiTT 3.2, S-Class
there is a kinda silly question I would like to ask, I ordered my GLk with no HK audio upgrade, but I am a bit regret not to upgrade it. Last time I checked with my salesman, the car is already on the way for delivery, I would like to know whether I can upgrade to the HK system when the car is here?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by bobhammer
there is a kinda silly question I would like to ask, I ordered my GLk with no HK audio upgrade, but I am a bit regret not to upgrade it. Last time I checked with my salesman, the car is already on the way for delivery, I would like to know whether I can upgrade to the HK system when the car is here?
the same thing happened to me

the vehicle that we already bought did not have the navigation so 3 days later I returned it

Just told them that I'm not happy and that they need to make me happy

yo just gotta be firm and stand your ground

Remember, they need you, you dont need them and they really care about getting a good review on that survey they send you after you buy the car
Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 PM

GLK350
does the multimedia package automatically comes with a subwoofer? the description states i have the "logic 7" surround. is this considered the same as the harman kardon???
Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
yes and yes it's Logic 7 (model) by Harman Kardon (brand).
Old 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM

2011BMW Z4 IS, 2011 Ford Raptor, 2010 GLK
Anybody know if any company's make stealth subwoofer systems for the GLK yet. I checked JL audio's site, they do make a stealty subwoofer box, as well as a powered subwoofer box, but no MB products on the site. I like the logic 7 system, but the bass is lacking significantly compared to rest of system.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
this guy did a custom enclosure, hiding the box! looks really good.......https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...-glk-pics.html
Old 12-28-2009, 10:42 PM

2011BMW Z4 IS, 2011 Ford Raptor, 2010 GLK
Originally Posted by veerodder
this guy did a custom enclosure, hiding the box! looks really good.......https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...-glk-pics.html
Very nice enclosure, and exactly were I was planing to the sub. I am trying to find one ready made. Was hoping to put a JL audio 10 inch sub w/ PPI 300 watt amp. Have looked at Kicker, rockford fosgate, and JL audio but so far no luck. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350
When you do the upgrade from HK Logic 7, I would like to obtain the useful parts to upgrade my standard sound system. Do you think the wires are allready in place?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Harman/kardon system