GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

First time Post!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009 | 09:02 AM

GLK350
First time Post!!!

Hi All-

Been visiting the forum from the past three months or so! First time MB owner, got the GLK three monthe back, been happy so far. Will be going into the dealership tomorrow for the complimentary tire rotation.

Have done one long trip to NC (and got my first speeding ticket after 15 years of clean driving record) driving the GLK!

I have a question that may be any of you guys would have the answer for. How come I need to use my itouch at high volume when I connect thro aux? Every time I turn the radio or cd the volume just blasts because I forget to reduce the volume before switching the car off. Any tips/tricks here would be good!

Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2009 | 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Welcome to the forums and sorry about your speeding ticket. I almost got one myself this weekend following an older Porsche but he was in front so he got in trouble thank god.

Can't answer your question with ipod but I had the same happened when I installed AUX on my old car, I had to have mp3 all the way up and then turn volume on the system up. Do you have PCMCIA slot on your GLK? I'd recommend just getting an adapter and SD card and have all your music there. It's much easier than listening through aux.
Old 07-09-2009 | 10:42 AM

2017 G63
maybe you can remember to turn the volume down!!!! j/k welcome to the forums. i havn't had any issues with the volume, but if i leave my ipod plugged into the interface and turn off the car. when i turn it back on it automatically goes to the ipod even if i was listening to the radio, satellite of cd prior to turning off the car. i barely use my ipod though cause sirius has so much to listen to. don't forget to post pics of your glk.
Old 07-09-2009 | 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
^^^I believe the OP is talking about AUX not Ipod interface.
Old 07-14-2009 | 05:49 PM

GLK
The likely culprit on the volume issue is that the jack on most MP3 and other PMPs is a headphone jack, as opposed to a line-level jack. The difference is the signal (i.e.- volume or power) coming out.

Line-level is what your stereo components use when plugging into the receiver / pre-amp. That is pretty consistent from stereo component to component.

Headphones vary a lot more, especially since you can turn the volume up and down, unlike line-level which almost always has no volume control. My guess is that MB has defaulted the "expected" signal coming in to the aux jack to something higher than it would normally get from a headphone output jack. That way a high-powered component plugged into the aux jack does not blow out the speakers by being at too high of a volume.

All of the other cars I have seen with an aux jack work this way too.