GLK 4Matic - using manual mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 2010 MB GLK 350
After tax.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...an-prices.html

Last edited by dlinjuly2009; 12-20-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:00 AM

c320
thanks
Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 AM

GLKILLA
By the way, just wondering, does anyone rev-match or heel-toe when using manual mode? I find that I have to to keep the car from jerking.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
When you shift to the left the trans will put you in a gear that does not take the engine near the red line. I you shift to the left and the revs are to high you will not down-shift until you are in range. The trans does not have the snap that my FX had. There is NO comparison. If you don't time your up-shift the trans will shift by itself. When up shifting to the right if you hold the shifter for more than a 2 count you will go back to "D". Not impressed with the trans at all. I agree its just a novelty. Holding corners in lower gears only works if you don't red-line otherwise it is going to up-shift on its own.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 AM

GLKILLA
Originally Posted by MKenM
When you shift to the left the trans will put you in a gear that does not take the engine near the red line. I you shift to the left and the revs are to high you will not down-shift until you are in range. The trans does not have the snap that my FX had. There is NO comparison. If you don't time your up-shift the trans will shift by itself. When up shifting to the right if you hold the shifter for more than a 2 count you will go back to "D". Not impressed with the trans at all. I agree its just a novelty. Holding corners in lower gears only works if you don't red-line otherwise it is going to up-shift on its own.

Lol, not exactly true. I've overrevved to ~6450 rpm before on downshifts. Admittedly, they were accidental though.
I would have to agree, it is a little laggy, and there's none of that *click, shift, pow* action going on, but once you "figure out" and learn your transmission, it's like there's no lag at all.