New GLK Owner - Different interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by JT01
So I uploaded pics of my GLK on the Colour Thread... Have a look... Probably the last time it will be clean... lol!
Checked your pictures, thats not Sahara Beige either, or at least it looks nothing like the Sahara Beige pictures on the website. It looks exactly like a Saks Fifth Ave edition. Although as mentioned above, I have yet to hear anything about a Saks Edition GLK, it does make since seeing how they are using the GLK in promotions this year.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I do like the lighter colour interior against the black. The only difference I can see is that one wood is flat vs glossy finish. They both look awesome. I do think with the lighter interior I would not be coffee and apple fritter Starbucking like I do in mine.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by Leslielp
I do think with the lighter interior I would not be coffee and apple fritter Starbucking like I do in mine.
Hahaha... I agree with you there! Coffee is cool but apple fritters are banned! We'll see if my wife follows the rules... doubt it.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Checked your pictures, thats not Sahara Beige either, or at least it looks nothing like the Sahara Beige pictures on the website. It looks exactly like a Saks Fifth Ave edition. Although as mentioned above, I have yet to hear anything about a Saks Edition GLK, it does make since seeing how they are using the GLK in promotions this year.

Yeah, that's what I thought also. And the funny thing is the spec sheet tied to the VIN that the dealer printed out for me simply indicates "beige leather", and somewhere down the list "black headliner" with a $1 charge like the wood trim. I didn't think you could even pick the color of the headliner independently.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Sorry to say but I like our interior better.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 AM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Really Paul Newman?. And I had picked it just for you!

"There's nothing like a guy with GLK interior envy on an open forum."

Last edited by JT01; 10-27-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Unhappy

Really Paul Newman?. And I had picked it just for you! "There's nothing like a guy with GLK interior envy on an open forum."
Wow.. touchy aren't you JT? Edited your post too I see. Well then let's show everyone on this "open forum" what you're really like, shall we?

Here's your original post as e-mailed to me:

Dear MBRedux,

JT01 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - New GLK Owner - Different interior - in the GLK-Class forum of MBWorld.org Forums.

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by MBRedux)---
---End Quote---

And I was just about to ask you what you thought of it...
Don't let the sarcasm confuse you...

"There's nothing like laughing at a loser with GLK interior envy on an open forum."

I don't know why you would say such a thing... we're all entitled to our own opinions here, at lease I hope so... but to become that defensive, like a child, was uncalled for. Your interior is okay, but I prefer the two tone black/beige of our dash/door interior panels much better than yours... that's all. Can't handle it? Sorry man, but who's the "loser" now? "Envy" of your Bloomies interior?................................... NOT!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PS JT: And are you old enough to know who Paul Newman was and what his contribution to motor sports meant to the world of racing?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 PM

GLK 350
Wow.. touchy aren't you JT? Edited your post too I see. Well then let's show everyone on this "open forum" what you're really like, shall we?

Here's your original post as e-mailed to me:

Dear MBRedux,

JT01 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - New GLK Owner - Different interior - in the GLK-Class forum of MBWorld.org Forums.

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by MBRedux)---
---End Quote---

And I was just about to ask you what you thought of it...
Don't let the sarcasm confuse you...

"There's nothing like laughing at a loser with GLK interior envy on an open forum."

I don't know why you would say such a thing... we're all entitled to our own opinions here, at lease I hope so... but to become that defensive, like a child, was uncalled for. Your interior is okay, but I prefer the two tone black/beige of our dash/door interior panels much better than yours... that's all. Can't handle it? Sorry man, but who's the "loser" now? "Envy" of your Bloomies interior?................................... NOT!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:00 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Oh MBRedux,

How clever you are!

Here's a great idea. Post some picks of "your wife's" GLK. I will have a look at them, and tell you everything I prefer I about mine.

How did you expect I would react to your last post? You are rude and ignorant in most of your messages! I love that when someone calls you out on it, all of a sudden it's "and why would you say such a thing?"... and "I was just giving you my opinion". Sure buddy...

Yeah, I cleaned up my last email. Thanks for reposting it though... I really do think it was much more appropriate. And please don't assume that because of it you know how nasty I really am...
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
PS JT: And are you old enough to know who Paul Newman was and what his contribution to motor sports meant to the world of racing?
Yeah... Paul Newman! He's that guy who died...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh MBRedux,

How did you expect I would react to your last post? You are rude and ignorant in most of your messages! I love that when someone calls you out on it, all of a sudden it's "and why would you say such a thing?"... and "I was just giving you my opinion". Sure buddy...
"Rude"? I prefaced it by saying I was "sorry to say"! Please read it again... man you're weird. And it's okay, I don't feel you have "called me out" on anything... I'm just a little over taken by your rather immature emotionalism.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah... Paul Newman! He's that guy who died...

........ and even though Mr. Newman is off topic, your response to him just proves my point.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:27 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
"Rude"? I prefaced it by saying I was "sorry to say"! Please read it again... man you're weird. And it's okay, I don't feel you have "called me out" on anything... I'm just a little over taken by your rather immature emotionalism.
Well I'm sorry to say, but your passive aggressiveness is rather insulting.

With all due respect, you post messages in which you profess to simply be expressing your opinion all the while including jabs in very other sentence.

I don't want to sound rude, but at least I don't deny the fact that I do it... but I guess admitting to your wouldn't be very redneck of you would it?... no disrespect though.

I'm done. Still waiting to see your pics though...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
........ and even though Mr. Newman is off topic, your response to him just proves my point.
Mr. Newman!!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well I'm sorry to say, but your passive aggressiveness is rather insulting.

With all due respect, you post messages in which you profess to simply be expressing your opinion all the while including jabs in very other sentence.

I don't want to sound rude, but at least I don't deny the fact that I do it... but I guess admitting to your wouldn't be very redneck of you would it?... no disrespect though.

I'm done. Still waiting to see your pics though...
Oh man..................................... ya... I agree, I think you're "done" too!

PS: I'm an Italian American from NYC, assigned to Washington DC... the farthest thing from a southern "redneck". Besides, southern "rednecks" are a myth... that stereo type actually exists all over the world... even in NY and NJ, something you're too young to understand... but you're forgiven.

Last edited by MBRedux; 10-27-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:48 PM

BMW 135/ GLK 350 4Matic Sand Beige, Parktronic, Lighting Package, Heated Seats, Running Boards
JT01,

As long as you like the interior that's what counts. You're making the payments drive and enjoy!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by MegGLK350
JT01,

As long as you like the interior that's what counts. You're making the payments drive and enjoy!
Right, you are!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:39 AM

GLK 350 w/NAV, Multimedia
Non glossy look (matt) dash wood trim?

Does anyone know when I could get a matt (non glossy) wood dash trim kit? I don't like cheap looking glossy look. I saw some matt wood dash kit from other car and looked very luxrious but I couldn't find any website or infomation about where I can get.
Could you guys share info if you know something?
Thank you.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
So I uploaded pics of my GLK on the Colour Thread... Have a look... Probably the last time it will be clean... lol!

Exactly!

I love the look of a light interior with a dark exterior, but I bought my GLK with my dog in mind so I went with black/black.
Attached Thumbnails New GLK Owner - Different interior-img_0007.jpg  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GLC300 (prev 99 C43 AMG)
I think Sahara Beige is now available as a special order option in that U.S.. In September, I went to the big Mercedes Club event in Virginia, and a local dealer had a brown metallic GLK with AMG package and Sahara Beige on display.