GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

DRL and High Beam Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
DRL and High Beam Lights

Can anyone tell me the part numbers to these 2 bulbs? I just installed an HID Kit but the Xenon white make these 2 other lights look dull and yellow that I want to replace them with lights that are much whiter. Anyone had this done? I have heard of several replacements that are just pure white bulbs.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by gdepau
Can anyone tell me the part numbers to these 2 bulbs? I just installed an HID Kit but the Xenon white make these 2 other lights look dull and yellow that I want to replace them with lights that are much whiter. Anyone had this done? I have heard of several replacements that are just pure white bulbs.

The issue is not brightness but wattage... plus the brighter, the hotter... thus more drain on the system etc... I would go to your nearest MB dealer and replace those std bulbs with those that MB uses on GLK's with the Bi-Xenon option... otherwise you may melt the sockets and/or housing.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM

GLK 350 4matic
Originally Posted by MBRedux
The issue is not brightness but wattage... plus the brighter, the hotter... thus more drain on the system etc... I would go to your nearest MB dealer and replace those std bulbs with those that MB uses on GLK's with the Bi-Xenon option... otherwise you may melt the sockets and/or housing.
Can you not install HID kits for hi beam bulbs too? The 'whiter' halogen bulb usually has higher watts plus a bluish film on glass. Both of which create more heat.

Another option is to change to LED bulb. Check if the replacement bulb is available. You should be able to find the bulb number in the manual.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
GLK350

Can you provide more detail on your HID Kit such as the lumen (brightness) and brand? Is the light has good focus on the road with minimum glare? Are you having any problem or error message due to lower wattage?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
LED would be an option. I just need to know the bulb number. MB makes it hard to find out, it's not in the manual that I can find. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
I bought the HID Kit online from buyhidkits.com and they are 6000K so they are pure white, no hint of blue and there is no error message. Honestly they compare equally to my wife's Acura TSX Xenon lights that were factory installed, same horizon level. I also replaced the parking light bulb (eyebrow above lights) with an LED white and that looks better than the yellow bulb that was there and again, no error message. I kept the turn signal bulb yellow.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:12 AM

2013 GLK; 2012 Ml350
I bought the HID Kit online from buyhidkits.com and they are 6000K so they are pure white, no hint of blue and there is no error message. Honestly they compare equally to my wife's Acura TSX Xenon lights that were factory installed, same horizon level. I also replaced the parking light bulb (eyebrow above lights) with an LED white and that looks better than the yellow bulb that was there and again, no error message. I kept the turn signal bulb yellow.
Hi!
If possible, could you indicate the part # of hid and the eyebrow bulb. Also, a picture would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
FYI...4300k is pure white, 6000k is blueish.

Here is comparison of the two:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f62/43...-6000k-216312/
Old 11-01-2009, 10:20 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
The HID bulb is an H7. I bought it online at http://buyhidkits.com/h7hidkits.html. I just noticed the price went up from $59.99 to $99.99.

The LED light was bought online also at IJDMtoy.com. Here is the URL:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/OBC-Error-F..._t10_sku27.htm

If you look at my profile, I have a few pictures in an album there that show the light off better.

Last edited by gdepau; 11-01-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:22 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Mine is white, here is the site that I bought them so you can look at their comparison pictures for each K:

http://buyhidkits.com/h7hidkits.html