CD Changer jam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350 coupe
CD Changer jam

hi all!

got a problem with the CD changer hoping someone can help. I think there are two CDs jammed into one slot of the CD changer. (Tried putting CD into 3rd slot but i guess it went into the 4th? Now the 3rd one shows empty) and when I try to use the 4th slot it makes this clicking sound. did go to MB dealer but they said they would have to replace the whole thing which would cost around $3000 and don't even know if its covered (its on lease). I guess they don't have any technician that knows how to fix it or something and said they can't acutally open it up except for the germany head quarters. Not sure if the glk CD changer model is the same as other cars so i decided to make a new thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! (if i have to pay for the replacement or how to fix it?)

thank you!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:30 PM

Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 2010 MB GLK 350
Have you read this?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...er-jammed.html
Old 11-13-2009, 09:26 AM

c350 coupe
Yup, just read it but the problem is even my MB dealer won't open it and say it voids something and that they would replace the whole unit and send the jammed one back to Germany. And only Germany can open it up. So if I do it myself would I void something, anyone know? Its on a lease so I can't do anything I want to it either .
They said to replace the whole unit cost around 4k and they won't try and open it up to fix so I am either on my own or *maybe* have to pay 4k to get a new system. (They don't know if I have to pay yet until they install it or something...which I find is pretty ridiculous)

So does anyone know if its covered when leased or if I try and doing myself does it void something (he said something about a sticker)?

thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Had a similar problem with my wife's Lexus. It was covered under warranty. How old is the vehicle? Doesn't make a difference if it is a lease or you own it. If you take it apart what is the worst that could happen? Lexus told us the same thing. They don't take the radios apart. It has to go back to the radio manufacturer. I say it is their problem if your mileage or length of time are still under the limits. The sticker they are referring to is a tamper to let the manufacturer if the radio has been opened. Leave it to the pros in this case.

Last edited by MKenM; 11-15-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM

glk
go back to you MB dealer...if it doesn't say in the user menu how to avoid such coincidence, then it is not your fault. THEY are the one holding responsible for making sure that their high end products will not cause such malfunctions, unless you really abused the CD player which I doubt so.
It is you should be pissed off for such distraction, not them...you are on the highland...MB is a bigger organization in Canada than some of the small car dealerships...and the head office pays a very close attention on their dealers of the service quality.

BTW, my dad's old Buick had the same problem...I just simply tried play with the CD player for 3 hours...and Bingo...it came out
Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 PM

c350 coupe
the vehicle is less than a month but everything is fine now. Apparently there is a eject all button and all the disc just popped up. but i am pretty upset about the service i got from my mb dealer. they had three technician on the car and had left it there for TWO days and they couldn't fix it and couldn't even make sure that if it was changed it would be covered under warranty.
They were not sure if its warranty and was going to charge me $3K + for the CD player AND $200 odd for hourly service rate.

This is just poor service from MB.