GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Ipod Nano and COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Ipod Nano and COMAND

Has anyone been able to connect the current iPod Nano to the COMAND using the media adapter?

I connected it to the COMAND today. On the ipod it says connected but warns that it cannot be charged. While the COMAND says no media connected.

I was able to connect with an iPhone before. So I am not sure why it doesn't seem to work with Nano. Does anyone know if the media adapter is compatible with iPod Nano, or do I need something else?

TIA!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Funny you mention this... between my wife and I we have several ipods and an iphone. My experience with these devices is as follows.

-shuffle (all gens): can't connect because of the jack
-mini (first gen): works fine
-nano (third gen): works fine
-nano (fourth gen): works for a few minutes and then says no device connected/ this problem is persistent
-iphone: works ok but the library/categories get all messed up on the Command menu

I have sirius radio in mine so that is pretty much what I listen to. If I use an ipod I make sure it's my third gen nano. I have never bothered to figure out why the other devices glitch.

This may seem odd but I have also reverted back to my CDs. The sound quality is MUCH better than when I plug in my ipod... it can't even be compared...
Old 11-30-2009, 03:42 PM

2010 GLK 350 4Matic
I experience the same problem. My 4th gen Nano doesn't charge when connected to media interface and runs out of juice in an hour or so. 3rd gen Nano works like a charm. Weird.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 PM

GLK350
I tried again but no luck. It won't charge and the COMAND doesn't detect it...I guess my 32 gig USB drive will still be useful