GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Body Shop in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Question Body Shop in Maryland?

Someone hit my GLK in a parking lot, and damaged both doors on the passenger side (no, they didn't leave any contact information ). Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the Bethesda area? The car is only 6 months old and I can't believe I have to take it in for body work!!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Sorry to hear this.... that's why I usually park as far away from the crowd as possible and walk.... doors are th most expensive to repair.. and depending on your color, most likely they'll need to paint the entire side of your car... this does hurt the overall value of the car, especally it's resale value....

The other problem is that most repair shops do not use MB paints and clearcoats (Sikkens vs Dupont). The clearcoat on your Benz is also very unique and expensive. It's a new type using nano-technology.... very...very super hard and glossy.

Try calling the guys over at Rockville Auto Body 301-762-4446. They once did a SL 450 of mine and it was a very good job. Just insist on the very best materials... not USA brand of paints.... insist on *proper tinting* to match panels rather than painting the entire side... this holds down cost too and prevents the damaged side from being a different color from the undamaged side once finished.

Good luck and stay away from sardine-like parking lots.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:51 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Sorry to hear this.... that's why I usually park as far away from the crowd as possible and walk.... doors are th most expensive to repair.. and depending on your color, most likely they'll need to paint the entire side of your car... this does hurt the overall value of the car, especally it's resale value....

The other problem is that most repair shops do not use MB paints and clearcoats (Sikkens vs Dupont). The clearcoat on your Benz is also very unique and expensive. It's a new type using nano-technology.... very...very super hard and glossy.

Try calling the guys over at Rockville Auto Body 301-762-4446. They once did a SL 450 of mine and it was a very good job. Just insist on the very best materials... not USA brand of paints.... insist on *proper tinting* to match panels rather than painting the entire side... this holds down cost too and prevents the damaged side from being a different color from the undamaged side once finished.

Good luck and stay away from sardine-like parking lots.
Thanks for the recommendation and the helpful background on the different materials.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:15 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
If the dealer is any size at all, they have a body shop with some of the best techs in town.
They also use all MB parts and materials.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by RedRover
If the dealer is any size at all, they have a body shop with some of the best techs in town.
They also use all MB parts and materials.
This is usually the case... but not here in Maryland... especially with EuroMotor Cars.... their body/paint shop doesn't use MB paints and Clear Coats either.... they're not obligated to do so. Please make sure you get references, and look at a few cars they just finished before using them or any other body shop. Good luck!

Last edited by MBRedux; 12-24-2009 at 12:44 AM.