GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Potential newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi Q5
Potential newbie

I am considering a GLK , I am assuming it will last longer than my Q5, which is about to be lemoned as the 3rd transmission in 2 months is about to be installed, One of the main reasons I didn't go with the GLK was that the Q5 backseat was roomier, is the back seat really a squeeze for two people, also is there much handling difference between the 19 and 20 in wheels, I also hope dealing with MB has to be better than dealing with Audi, if the GLK lasts longer than a week without an issue, I guess I am ahead of the game. LOL
I only have had the Q5 in my possession for about 2 weeks out of the 2 months of ownership, they are truly a bunch of *******s over at Audi, dealer wise and corporate, but this week hopefully it all ends as Audi realizes that the vehicle should have been replaced about a month ago, now under the lemon law it is my choice and I will choose to run with the money!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:18 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by ductman
I am considering a GLK , I am assuming it will last longer than my Q5, which is about to be lemoned as the 3rd transmission in 2 months is about to be installed, One of the main reasons I didn't go with the GLK was that the Q5 backseat was roomier, is the back seat really a squeeze for two people, also is there much handling difference between the 19 and 20 in wheels, I also hope dealing with MB has to be better than dealing with Audi, if the GLK lasts longer than a week without an issue, I guess I am ahead of the game. LOL
I only have had the Q5 in my possession for about 2 weeks out of the 2 months of ownership, they are truly a bunch of *******s over at Audi, dealer wise and corporate, but this week hopefully it all ends as Audi realizes that the vehicle should have been replaced about a month ago, now under the lemon law it is my choice and I will choose to run with the money!
IMO, the back seat is roomy enough for two adults no taller than 6ft. 3 shorter adults (that aren't obese!) fits but its a bit of a squeeze.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
Questions GLK

What is AMBIENT LIGHTING??? and with the BI XENON LIghts, is it true when you make a turn the lights turn with you???? Also does anyone have the running boards and what do you think of them??? tx Dan
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me, 2008 Hummer H2 Wife, 2010 Mercedes GLK350
I've heard the running boards are not needed and get your pant-legs even more dirty when getting out in the winter!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by GEMINIDAN
What is AMBIENT LIGHTING??? and with the BI XENON LIghts, is it true when you make a turn the lights turn with you???? Also does anyone have the running boards and what do you think of them??? tx Dan
ambient light comes with leather package and nobody really know what that lighting really is

Yea bixenon have swivel function where xenons rotate left/right as you drive thru curves...very nice function.

There are also separate lights that shine when you turn blinker on or make a turn at low speed. For example, it'll shine onto driveway, so you can see a bit better while turning. This function is common with many cars where left/right fog light comes on, but GLK has dedicated lamps.

And yea...running boards are a pain. They are purely for aesthetic purposes unless you are under 5 feet. They looked nice on the showroom car, but you really would have to change the way you get in/out of the car.

Last edited by NYCGLK; 02-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:02 PM

GLK 350X :0
it almost seems like you have to play like "Dukes of Hazzard" if you're planning to get the running boards...

Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 AM

2005 C55, 2010 GLK350
I have the running boards. I didn't want them, but the vehicle had everything else I did want....agree they are a pain, and do require changing the way you enter and exit.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
Running Boards

What seems to be the problem with having the running boards, I think it is too late to take them off my order...do they really look that bad????
Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 AM

GLK 2010
Originally Posted by GEMINIDAN
What seems to be the problem with having the running boards, I think it is too late to take them off my order...do they really look that bad????
I have the running boards. They look great, but the combination of the ground clearance needed to get out of the vehicle in particular together with the way they stick out a bit (does not stick out too much to look bad, but enough to require a big step out), you don't stand a chance of clearing the edge of the board without your pant leg touching it. You're ok if your TooTallJones or extremely bow-legged. I am neither.

For me, this is a small annoyance on an otherwise wonderful vehicle. On my Iridium Silver GLK, the running boards look fantastic.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Banned

Running Boards

Well I am 6ft 1 in..so I guess I will Have to step out!!! Should look good on Palladium Silver!!!